I will be joining Accenture Strategy (Energy) team in India next week. However, I am still aspiring to join MBB/Tier 2 in India/Dubai/Singapore/Indonesia offices.
Background: Tier 1 B-school in India. 10 years of experience in the Energy sector across manufacturing and consulting (IBM, KPMG).
My questions are :
1.One of the McK EM had referred me to McK London (PAX team). It was very specific to Oil & Gas role and I had relevant experience. However, HR rejected my profile. Even the EM was shocked. What could be the reason?
2. One of the EM from Oliver Wyman had sent my resume to Dubai office (Energy team). He later responded by saying that HR rejected the profile as Accenture is not a target firm ? Will Accenture's technology brand will spoil my chances in MBB/Tier 2 firms ? What should I do in OW case?
3. I had connected to one of the Energy sector Partner in BCG Singapore office. He asked me to connect to him again in a few months. Does it mean BCG Singapore energy team doesn't need people now ? or hiring slow due to Covid ? or do partners hide anything?
4. Is it possible for me to get an exit from Accenture into MBB/Tier 2 in India/Dubai/ Singapore/ Indonesia offices? Is it difficult due to tech branding of Accenture?
5. London/Houston offices are very strong in the Energy practice. What are the chances to get into these offices? Will referral is the only way? Will they not hire Indians?
6. Can somebody guide me for entry into middle east offices as an experienced consultant in the Energy sector?
Thanks in advance.