- Tell me about a difficult situation you had to cope with.
- Tell me of a task which you didn’t like doing and explain why you performed it nevertheless.
- Why do you do things?
- What do you like doing most / What is your favorite hobby?
- Walk me through a situation where you showed leadership skills.
The Bain personal fit questions try to assess qualities of candidates in terms of
- Problem solving
- Result orientation
Ask for the CV of your partner in order to ask questions specifically targeted at a passage of his or her life. While listening to the answers, keep in mind the two major criteria you have to evaluate:
- Can I work with this candidate closely in a team every day?
- Can I send the candidate to a client alone?
Short Solution (Expand) (Collapse)
Tell me about a difficult situation you had to cope with.
- Analyzing the problem analytically.
- Finding several creative solutions and applying the best.
- Stating the achieved results.
- Focusing too much on the problem.
- Showing no process while solving the difficult situation.
Tell me of a task, which you didn’t like doing and explain why you performed it nevertheless.
- Concentrating on the possible outcomes of the task.
- Defining a goal which motivated the candidate to follow through.
- Doing the task only because others wanted it.
- Showing no initiative to make the best out of the situation.
Why do you do things?
What do you like doing most / What is your favorite hobby?
- Showing active drive and passion.
- Answering persuasive and while arousing interest.
- Trying to achieve goals that the candidate set for him/herself.
- Analyzing the action/hobby/work and trying to improve.
- Having no values or principles.
- Being driven by others.
Walk me through a situation where you showed leadership skills.
- Communicating effectively with other persons (listening and speaking).
- Taking ownership and responsibility.
- Having obstacles that were solved together with the other team members.
- Being too pushy and neither listening nor considering the team members’ opinions.
- Delegating the important tasks and not delegating minor assignments.