Duraflex is a German footwear company with annual men’s footwear sales of approximately €1 b. They have always relied on the boot market for the majority of their volume. In this market they compete with three other major competitors. In the fall of 2013, Badger – one of Duraflex’s competitiors – ... Open whole case
Career & Application at Consulting@DeloitteTo Consulting@Deloitte website
About Deloitte Consulting
Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private sector clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte has more than 200,000 professionals, all committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte Consulting is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process and technology and industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges
Career at Deloitte Consulting
Our vision is to develop purpose-led leaders who are deeply committed to the ideal of making an impact that matters—with member firm clients, their colleagues, their communities, and in our profession.
To achieve our vision, the Deloitte network continues to make significant investments in the design and delivery of an inclusive, world-class learning experience. Through Deloitte University, we provide enriching experiences for Deloitte people and create a place where leaders thrive and ideas prosper.
Deloitte’s leaders are driven to unlock people’s potential through mentorship, lifelong learning, and flexible work and career solutions that meet the changing needs of Deloitte’s businesses and people. They treat leadership as a privilege, and are dedicated to creating truly distinctive client and talent experiences that foster a strong sense of purpose and motivate people to deliver beyond expectations.
Company Case by Consulting@Deloitte
Consulting@Deloitte Q&As Add your Question
Hi, I've uploaded some samples here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zor4m49eyx5qxal/AABeUN6mtiGkWhEklRjszX2Oa?dl=0 (Message me for a password) The best way to prepare is the following: C... (more)
I've uploaded some samples here:
(Message me for a password)
The best way to prepare is the following:
- Check if the calculator is allowed. If not - you have to train mental math. I posted the main tips here: https://www.preplounge.com/en/consulting-forum/tips-to-do-big-multiplications-in-my-mind-726#a1422
- Prepare for a regular case interview - it helps a lot. Basically, prep lounge website is about it
- Practice making slides. Look for publically available MBB presentations for reference. Good books are "Pyramid Principle" and "How to make it with charts"
- Practice reading cases fast and prioritizing the information. I found useful two sources:
- Written cases you'll be able to find in google or in case books. I've seen a couple in "Vault Guide to the Case Interview" and "Insead Business Admission Test"
- Harvard cases - either buy or try to find online. You can find a couple of MIT cases here for free: https://mitsloan.mit.edu/LearningEdge/Pages/Case-Studies.aspx Unfortunately free cases don't have the prep questions.
Hi Anonymous, In terms of the group case I would consider the following: Your goal is to help the team to succeed, not to show you are better than any other team members (candidates who try t... (more)
In terms of the group case I would consider the following:
- Your goal is to help the team to succeed, not to show you are better than any other team members (candidates who try to impress normally don’t receive offers)
- Befriend the other team members and bring a contribution; you should neither be dominant nor too quiet
- Take the leader role only if you feel natural in that role (ideally you should have some experience in that regard)
- If you are not the leader, support the natural leader with suggestions and activities required
- Help other team members to bring their contribution, asking their opinion
For the fit part, I would prepare on the standard questions:
- Tell me about yourself
- Why consulting
- Why Monitor Deloitte
- Give me an example when you led a team
- Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone not agreeing with you
- What has been your major achievement so far
- Why should we hire you
In terms of the partner rounds, their structure is the same as the standard case interviews (fit + case+ your questions); however, there is far more emphasis on communication and fit.
Specifically, the main difference you will find in a final round with partners is that at that stage they:
- spend more time on fit questions and your alignment with the company
- check more closely your communication (eg how you react to challenging questions)
- may not have a “proper” structured case to present – during my final at BCG I had one interview which was made by two market sizing questions and a brainteaser, without any business case. That's because at the final they know you can structure and crack a case (you passed 1 or 2 rounds already) and are more interested in your logic, personality and fit with the company
So in order to prepare for them I would concentrate on:
- Review in details your fit stories – they will probably matter more in partner rounds. In some finals I had almost exclusively behavioral questions
- Work on your communication (reaction under pressure, how to gain time when you do not have a structure ready, connect with the interviewer, etc). This is something you can test almost exclusively in p2p mocks with peers/experts.
- Prepare on cases as usual. More market sizing practice could be useful to think out of the box if you get unusual questions.
I helped several people for Monitor Deloitte and have a comprehensive list of the questions asked, in case you are interested to know more please feel free to PM me.
Hi! You will be in a group of 6-10 other candidates You'll have a case (general business problem though with various aspects to look at, i.e. marketing, supply chain, finance) The main goal... (more)
- You will be in a group of 6-10 other candidates
- You'll have a case (general business problem though with various aspects to look at, i.e. marketing, supply chain, finance)
- The main goal is to discuss the case together and come to a collaborative solution
My advice for the group case:
- Don't take a leadership role trying to organize and manage other people unless you are a 100% natural leader
- Act rather like a contributor with: a) frameworks to structure the problem b) rough calculations c) Industry / functional knowledge (it helps to be a background in marketing or supply chain) d) creative ideas
- Be nice and friendly with everyone and don't try to show that you are better than others. Rather impress with contribution and impact
Hey Guys, I have a written case interview at Monitor Deloitte next week and I faced trouble doing... (more)
I have a written case interview at Monitor Deloitte next week and I faced trouble doing their Footloose practice case as I was unable to assume the average price points of the boots. Where can I get more data anaysis practice exercises on sizing the market using assumptions and Data given?
Also, I am open to tips while solving these types of questions.
(On a break) Deloitte S&O BA l Certified by Cornell University for Interview Prep l First timers get 50% off second case
- Deloitte Consulting, Cemex, BCG, Evercore
- English, French, Spanish
- United States
- $109 / hour
Strategy & Operations Consultant @Deloitte, Analytics Lead @ unicorn start-up, University of Cambridge graduate
- Deloitte Consulting
- English, Greek
- United Kingdom
- $109 / hour
Ex-Deloitte and Roland Berger Consultant with extensive case-interview experience
- Breuninger, Roland Berger, Deloitte Consulting
- English, German
- $159 / hour