LubricantsCo, a very successful Asian premium producer of lubricants in their native region, would like to further increase their revenue and profit. The product range ranges from lubricants in the automotive sector (e.g. motor and gear oil) to industrial applications (e.g. fats, heavy-duty oils). ... Open whole case
Career & Application at Bain & CompanyTo Bain & Company website
About Bain & Company
Bain & Company is one of the leading management consulting firms worldwide. Bain is known to support its clients on a global and cross-sector basis, in order to optimally shape decision making processes. The so called “Bainies”, as the company calls its employees, work out goal oriented solutions, hand in hand with their client’s senior leadership. The result of this are consulting strategies, that help companies sustainably increase their enterprise value and improve their competitive advantage. Bain is also leading in the private equity sector: The management consulting firm is a top advisor of private equity firms across the globe.
Career at Bain
Bain takes the personal and professional progress of their employees seriously. Therefore, “Bainies” get the chance to develop new competences and build on their strengths. Your expertise exceeds the common boundaries and you have a natural thirst for knowledge? You’re also a pragmatic person and you know how to use your analytic skills in order to find goal oriented solutions? All this makes you perfectly suited for a career at Bain.
The key to success at Bain lies in teamwork. Openness and honesty are a necessary prerequisite for the personal fit. Individuality is an important aspect as well; but after all, a foundation of trust and a “burning desire” for common goals are just as important.
Bain supplies you with numerous opportunities for your professional and personal growth in consulting – with a steep learning curve. If you’re looking to become a consultant at Bain, start off your career as an intern, graduate or a professional. No matter, at which point of your career you’re at: as a “Bainie” you’ll definitely profit from the vivid exchange and close collaboration with your co-workers.
Company Cases by Bain & Company
You have inherited the “Old Winery” from your grandfather, a winery which has been family owned for five generations and can be dated back to the 16th century. Half of the eleven hectares are used to grow white grapes, the other half to grow red grapes. They are grown in the conventional way, i.e. ... Open whole case
Bain & Company Q&As Add your Question
Hi there, It is impossible to evaluate your performance just based on a “very good” from the interviewer – could mean anything If by “finish the case 100%” you mean covering every typical part... (read entire answer)
- It is impossible to evaluate your performance just based on a “very good” from the interviewer – could mean anything
- If by “finish the case 100%” you mean covering every typical part of the case – it is not always required. The conclusion for example is not always present. However, you should complete the case in a reasonable timeframe
Hi everyone, How does RB compare with MBB? I understand RB is doing strategy consulting and is s... (read entire question)
How does RB compare with MBB? I understand RB is doing strategy consulting and is serving to the same clients as MBB. I am just trying to understand how they are different?
McK follows a top-down strategy with a very formal working culture
BCG is mostly doing bottom-up strategy with slight informal working culture
RB too is doing bottom-up strategy and has similar working culture compared to BCG.
So is there a way to differentiate RB amongst others?
In Consulting, there is typically no targeted hiring for specific spots. Applications are typically reviewed on a continuous basis and interview invitations are typically sent out continuously. People... (read entire answer)
In Consulting, there is typically no targeted hiring for specific spots. Applications are typically reviewed on a continuous basis and interview invitations are typically sent out continuously. People are hired and leaving all the time, and recruiting for a spot and signing new candidates doesn't only start when someone is leaving.
Having said that, of course these times require many firms to make adjustments. We've seen partial hiring freezes over the last few months (most have been losened by now) and an increase in the threshold to get invitations/offers.
Hi, The answer to your questions are 1. It depends on the experience you have and where you went to B school. For example if you have a lot of practical experience on the shop floor and went to... (read entire answer)
The answer to your questions are
1. It depends on the experience you have and where you went to B school. For example if you have a lot of practical experience on the shop floor and went to a top 10 program then yes for sure it is easier to get into implementation as all of your experience aligns well with it. If however you do not have much experience in implementation in the past then it does not really change your odds.
2. Implementation associates work on implementation work ...which definitely involves process improvement among many others. If you do not enjoy this you will not enjoy working in implementation anywhere
3. Exit opportunities- the reality its a little mixed. While you have access to the same resources, people are not very familiar with this role so there is more work you need to do to explain what you did etc. Whereas traditional associates can just rely on other people's opinions and understanding of what MBB consultants do.
Bain & Company Experts
Ex-Bain | 8+ years MBB / Big4 Recruiter & Senior Interview Coach | Advanced Prep | MBA / Expert tracks | *40% off* limited time
- IBM, KPMG, Tetra Pak, Unicredit Bank, Bain & Company
- English, French, Italian, Spanish
- United Kingdom
- $219 / hour
Impress you interviewer with simple yet powerful case skills!
- Bain & Company
- English, French, German, Portuguese
- $539 / hour
ex-Manager - Natural and challenging teacher - Taylor case solving, no framework
- Kearney, Bain & Company
- English, French
- $319 / hour