I have a couple of questions regarding MBB reapplication policies.
I made it to the final rounds of BCG and McKinsey for an entry-level position at a European office in March/ April. I was close to obtaining an offer but unfortunately, it did not work out.
- BCG told me to reapply 6 months later: so I am currently no longer banned in their system
- McKinsey recommended me to reapply in a year
- For Bain, I did not reach the interview stage
I would like to reapply to MBBs but at different offices, some of them are in a different region.
1) Is McKinsey, BCG and Bain cooling down period global, regional or does it only apply to the office I applied for?
2) Is the cooling down period strictly applied or are there some exceptions (e.g reapplying after 6 months or 9 months instead of 12 months later as McKinsey HR recommended)?
3) Which starting point should be taken into account for the cooling down period? Does the count start from when you applied in the system or when you finished your interviews?
4) Bain: am I banned in their system even though I did not reach the interview stage?
Thank you in advance for your help.