1) Does this mean I passed the cv screening or is this sent to everyone?
It depends. Usually you have to pass a CV screening before the test but for some schools is sent to everyone.
2) How critical is the Imbellus test in the application process - is it a go/no-go step in the application process for the Associate role?
Also depends. In several cases is go/no go. But in some countries is assessed with other steps (this is also linked to the previous point of whether they have done CV screening or not).
You can find an article on the Imbellus below with a few tips:
▶ McKinsey Problem Solving Game Article
If you want to prepare further, you can find below a video simulation with:
- 15 videos showing how to crack the Ecosystem Game in 23 minutes (instead of the recommended 35) and resist 25+ turns in the Plant Defense (instead of the minimum target of 15)
- Automated Excel with Formulas to build a food chain in the Ecosystem game in 16 minutes
- PDF guide with all the 5 games and how to crack each of them
You can check the video simulation at the following link - full disclosure, I am the author ;)
▶ McKinsey PSG Solve Combo Guide
In case you have any other questions on the game please feel free to PM me, happy to help.