Welcome to my profile here on PrepLounge! 😊
If you are applying for MBB, or McKinsey specifically, you are in good hands:
- I consistently coach multiple people to McKinsey offers every month (something no one else can claim – please compare verified reviews, not just simple claims) since I joined PrepLounge and run one of the most successful case interview preparation websites in the world
- In total, I have helped more than 120 people over the last 18 months to get a McKinsey offer
FREE INTRODUCTION AND SCREENING CALLS
I offer free introduction calls if you have any questions about my approach, success rate, MBB interviews in general, etc.
6 KEY REASONS WHY WE SHOULD WORK TOGETHER ON YOUR OFFER
1. I have the highest success rate for McKinsey interviews on the web
- My approach is highly effective and works, which is why even other well-known coaches on PrepLounge have bought my McKinsey-specific products and copied elements of my coaching approach to guide their own efforts. Luckily, you cannot copy the human element in a consulting interview and a mentorship relationship, which both are crucial for success.
- Working with me gives you the highest success rate for McKinsey, as I have helped more than 120 people to get a McKinsey offer in the last 1.5 years. I am not talking about offers for other consulting firms but just McKinsey, the hardest firm to get in. Multiple people I coach receive McKinsey offers every month, besides countless offers for Bain, BCG, tier-2, boutique, and in-house consulting firms along the way. Please have a look at my reviews or the success sheet above for verified proof.
- With 5 years at McKinsey, I know the recruiting process inside and out. I can help you ace the case interview and the Personal Experience Interview exactly like McKinsey wants you to succeed.
- My clients continuously receive feedback that they seem to be much better prepared than other candidates, some even skipping the final round altogether.
2. I am the #1 rated McKinsey coach since the first month of starting on PrepLounge in 2021 and have kept that spot ever since
- I conduct between 30 to 60 McKinsey interviews per month, for all countries and roles. I coach and interview everyone, from internship to full-time positions, from (Junior) Business Analysts to Associate Partners, and from graduate hires to experienced hires.
- You won't find a more updated, focused, and global perspective on McKinsey recruiting and interviews.
- That is also why I have been officially selected to share my insights by PrepLounge about the McKinsey Case Interview (https://www.preplounge.com/en/mckinsey-interview) and the McKinsey Personal Experience Interview (https://www.preplounge.com/en/mckinsey-pei).
- My client portfolio consists of all levels of experience: complete beginners, advanced case solvers, and case experts that lack the final “wow-factor” as McKinsey interviewers call it.
3. You learn how to think and communicate like a McKinsey consultant and not rely on pre-learned frameworks that would only hurt your performance in the real case
- I focus on a replicable approach and effective problem-solving and idea generation strategies.
- Interviewing and coaching 100s of candidates, I have developed a system to tackle every McKinsey case and question type successfully, regardless of the context, industry, or functional expertise. The approach also works and is equally effective for other consulting firms.
- On top of a systematic approach to cases, I teach you impactful problem-solving techniques to come up with creative answers for structure and brainstorming questions, interpret charts the right way (including the typically hidden insights), and succeed in the quantitative section of the case.
- The habits and methods I teach work on improving your metacognitive case skills (what to do at each point during the case), your problem-solving skills (how to go about the problem and each individual question that relates to it), and your communication (how to bring your answers across most effectively).
- For the Personal Experience Interview and fit interviews in general, we draft stories together for each dimension to make sure that you hit all the important boxes for the interviewers and communicate them in the most effective and impactful way. Your stories will be focused and polished without sounding rehearsed or overly crafted. No story I worked on with my candidates has ever been rejected by McKinsey interviewers.
4. I support you during the whole journey and beyond and one session with me provides you with all you need to prepare on your own
- Our sessions do not have a time limit and we take as long as we need to get through the case, the PEI, your questions, and the detailed feedback and scoring part (which is often longer than the case itself).
- My cases are 2x as long as the typical McKinsey case interview, which will give you more opportunity to practice and me more observation points for feedback.
- It does not end with the session. You receive in-depth feedback on the case, tailored improvement advice, a tailored preparation plan, free practice materials, further resources, and a scoring sheet after every session. Already one session gives you access to all of that.
- Mentorship throughout. In between sessions and even after you have received the offer, I provide support and am available for questions of all kinds, usually responding within 1 hour during the day. You get my personal phone number and email for questions and discussions. I am doing this with a full-time commitment since I left the firm and I am invested in your success!
- I regularly advise candidates to cancel remaining sessions if their performance is already at the required level and I feel that an additional session would not be needed. I am interested in your success and not your money. I am booked well in advance and due to other commitments cannot accept every request, hence, I have no incentive to do more sessions than needed.
5. I align your needs with what counts for McKinsey preparation
- We structure the sessions as you like according to your preferences and needs.
- We take the cases from my large library of proprietary, real McKinsey, and MBB cases across industries and functions, both typical business cases as well as more creative cases that are increasingly employed during the interviews, covering up-to-date topics such as COVID, sustainability, etc., all with the real associated evaluation metrics.
- Also, I am happy to prepare tailored cases to fit your requirements (based on real McKinsey case standards).
6. After the first session, you receive a detailed and tailored preparation plan, practice materials, and introductions to my client network
- How you use your time after our sessions is equally important to the time, we spend during the sessions.
- I want to make sure that you use your practice time most effectively, spending time only on the most important items using high-quality materials and practicing only with other qualified and tested candidates.
- If you book more sessions, we jointly adjust your preparation plan after every session.
READ MORE ABOUT MY APPROACH BELOW
When I started my business StrategyCase, I noticed that the information on the McKinsey application process, the case interviews, the PEI, and the Solve game that is often circulated is either wrong, outdated, or assumed to be the same as for any other consulting firm. Consequently, the advice given can be detrimental to your recruiting success with the firm.
After 5 years at McKinsey, I left in January 2020 to move on to an advisory and investor role. As an experienced interviewer and coach on the whole McKinsey application process, I have helped more than 5,000 people alone in the last two years with personal coaching and information products on McKinsey applications (including from before I joined PrepLounge as a coach). Through personal coaching, more than 120 candidates got an offer with McKinsey since I joined PrepLounge.
How can I help you best?
I treat each case individually and offer you tailored coaching based on your background, current status in the application process, timeline, and personal goals.
Generally, my coaching is comprised of three steps:
1. OWN THE APPLICATION
I can help you pass the screening stage and get the invitation for the interviews by working on your cover letter and resume. As a former resume and cover letter screener, I know exactly what McKinsey is looking for in the application documents. In addition, I know how to make referrals work and how to network your way to an interview both from a consultant's perspective as well as from my own personal story back in 2014.
2. ROCK THE MCKINSEY SOLVE (IMBELLUS) GAME
Since November 2019, I have interviewed hundreds of candidates who took the Solve (Imbellus or McKinsey Problem Solving) Game. Based on their experience and input from game design experts I partnered up with, I have devised strategies on how to prepare and how to take the test that will make your life much easier and improve your scores. My five-session coaching package includes my Solve Game Guide with 100+ pages, 4 videos, as well as Excel templates.
3. ACE THE CASE AND PERSONAL EXPERIENCE INTERVIEW
After 5 years with the firm, I can tell you exactly how to approach both elements of the McKinsey interview process, the Problem-Solving / Case Interview, and the Personal Experience Interview.
McKinsey interviews are highly standardized and structured, always consisting of the same types of questions in order to be objective and reduce bias. You can use this to your advantage, and I show you how. Learn from my insights into performance drivers and mistakes that I gained in 100s of interviews.
Case interview: I emulate a real-life interview situation testing all relevant dimensions (analytics, creativity, math, communication,…), using only up-to-date proprietary McKinsey case material and evaluation metrics.
Instead of learning generic frameworks, you will learn my system consisting of the most important habits for each stage and question of the case. With my habit toolkit, you will be able to solve any McKinsey case, regardless of industry or function.
You will learn how to
- Create strong frameworks and issues trees
- Provide creative answers to brainstorming questions
- Interpret charts in the McKinsey-way
- Tackle every math question potentially thrown at you in a McKinsey interview
- Communicate all your insights in the most effective manner
Our sessions include detailed feedback on strengths and weaknesses as well as actionable improvement advice depending on your stage in the preparation process (from tackling major improvement levers to fine-tuning your performance). I will also send you structured written feedback after each session to summarize your performance, improvement ideas, and tips to improve each dimension on your own between sessions. You can directly put the feedback to work after every session since I will share with you my preparation materials and drills for free PLUS connect you to my other clients for joint case practice.
Personal experience interview: I will help you prepare and improve the right stories to align your fit with not only what McKinsey is looking for but to make you stand out. I will demonstrate in our simulated mock interviews what stories about Entrepreneurial Drive, Inclusive Leadership, Personal Impact, and Courageous Change are suitable and how to tell them in a way that resonates with McKinsey interviewers. We will tailor the content and the communication of the story together to make sure that you hit all points on the interviewers' checklist in an appropriate but not too obvious manner.
I will show you how to deliver your messages in both types of interviews with the most impact. Apply these techniques to pass this part of the interview with ease.
As one of my clients phrased it:
"In hindsight, I find it hard to imagine a better, more time-efficient, practice. I ended up feeling really confident for the interview and got the offer."
Lastly, our sessions take as long as we need. I am not bound by a 60-minute time window, and usually, they last around 80 to 90 minutes if needed.
Please reach out if you have any questions.
I am looking forward to working with you!