To bring up offer, or not

Anonym A fragte am 11. Apr 2018 - 3 Antworten

Hi everyone, have one more final interview for one of the MBBs i'm interviewing with and concurrently have an offer from a Tier 2 firm expiring soon. Should I bring this up to HR? It doesn't help in expediting as I'm already expecting the final MBB interview within the next few days, but was wondering if this might create a more favorable impression of my candidacy. Thoughts please?

3 Antworten

  • Upvotes
  • Datum aufsteigend
  • Datum absteigend
Beste Antwort
Anonym antwortete am 11. Apr 2018


If it's not for expediting purposes (which you already have ruled out - that's a good reason to use), you will gain literally nothing by referring it to HR, as they have zero weight on whether you will get an offer or not (it will be exclusively based on your performance)



antwortete am 12. Apr 2018
Former BCG decision round interviewer with 300+ real interviews in 8 years
Coaching mit Andrea vereinbaren

100% Empfehlungsrate

118 Meetings

756 Q&A Upvotes

269 USD / Coaching

Won't help in changing perception of your candidacy, but should answer truthfully if asked on whether you have other offers. This because, especially if you are applying as an experience candidate, disclosing that you have to make a decision soon might help speed up communication on offer/no offer after final round interviews. For school applicants usually decision is instead made within 24/48 hours and you having another offer won't change speed at which decision is made.

Hope it helps,


antwortete am 12. Apr 2018
McKinsey / Accenture / Got all BIG3 offers / More than 300 real MBB cases / Harvard Business School
Coaching mit Vlad vereinbaren

97% Empfehlungsrate

365 Meetings

5.409 Q&A Upvotes

229 USD / Coaching


An offer from a Tier 2 company will not give you any advantage, so I recommend not using this argument.