I understand the challenges of applying to foreign offices and wanted to write a powerful cover letter to help my application.
How would you go about writing a convincing cover letter to an international office?
Steps I have taken
1) I understand what the office does in terms of projects (industries and types of work); I can align this with my experince and interests to show fit
2) I understand what the culture of the office is like and can articulate my fit in a CL
3) I have networked with indviduals from the office to learn more
4) I have a clear motivation for why I want to do strategy consulting and why now
5) I have a clear understanding of how I can add value to this office with my consulting experience and skills
These are probably the basics for any application/cover letter beit abroad or not. Would anyone be able to recommend things I could do to stand out or take my cover letter to another level?
I am very open minded - I have read of people describing how they would go about solving problems in the office's mode industries or communicating why the office's specific industires fascinante them [even with embedded graphs and data]