My coaching approach is based on my experience as:
- McKinsey interviewer at the Paris Office (analytical-oriented office)
- University lecturer
- McKinsey consultant.
Entering MBB is difficult. Only 1% of the 200,000 McKinsey candidates applying every year receive a job offer. 2 things make exceptional candidates stand out:
- The framing of your fit interview answers, in line with internal perspectives (i.e., are you fit for partnership?)
- The use of easy “wow-effect” consulting tricks that highlights your business maturity and readiness for client interviews.
I recommend a 3-step preparation to be adapted based on you individual spikes and development needs:
- 1-hour coaching on the fit interview:
- What are the key differentiating elements to know about McKinsey vs. BCG vs. Bain?
- What is the McKinsey fit evaluation framework?
- How would you respond to few fit questions?
- How to answer a McKinsey fit question (inc. situation, complication, implication)?
- How to come fully prepared?
- How would you improve you initial answer based on the coaching?
- 1-hour session on a business case:
- What are the key frameworks to know?
- What are the small “wow effect” moves to have?
- What are you evaluated against at each step of the selection process?
- 1 real-life use case
- 1-hour wrap-up session on tricky questions:
- How to nail the Problem Solving Test with a simple strategy?
- Coming back on the fit questions, are you ready to answer each dimension of the evaluation grid?
- Pushing you to the limits, can you answer all difficult questions?