Paragraphs highlighted in green indicate diagrams or tables that can be shared in the “Case exhibits” section
Paragraphs highlighted in orange indicate hints for you how to guide the interviewee through the case
There are many ways of approach & solve this case. So there really isn't a right or wrong answer but many good answers.
Interviewee must understand the case brief correctly. The first step here is to make assumptions and tighten the scope. There are many approaches to this and some suggested ideas for assumptions are below.
Interviewer should help the candidate if they are stuck here or if they jump straight to approach/solution without the assumptions.
- There is unclear performance expectations amongst the advocates
- Advocates have limited skills & empowerment to do their job effectively
- Basic collaboration tools such as email, newsletters and intranet exist
- You want to focus on all internal advocates and top 3-5 partner advocates
Once the assumptions are made, the next steps is to understand how the communications flow between the various parties involved. For this the candidate needs to sketch a simple flow diagram.
Interviewer can show Exhibit 1 if the interviewee is stuck.
After the above is clarified & understood, we can move to create an engagement plan to inspire and engage the advocates. Again there are many approaches, but one suggested approach is shown below with the idea of keeping the plan fast paced and easy to implement.
Interviewer can give ideas and help with the structure as required but let the interviewee come up with their own ideas as much as possible.
You can share Exhibit 2 with the candidate
The above plan is of no use if the internal communications team has no clarity on which specific activities to conduct to execute the plan and how to measure success.
Interviewer must nudge the interviewee if they miss this part.
Activities to Conduct
- Coaching sessions for women
- Webinars/Interviews with celebrities
- Knowledge sharing sessions
- Publish success stories
- Workshops/Outbound learning
- One-To-One/Focus Groups/Townhall
Metrics to Measure Success
- Increased Q&A from internal & partner advocates- this shows better engagement
- Net new sign ups for the Adovocates Programme
- Partner satistfaction score