About my approach
My main objective is to make you confidently prepared so you can tackle any case without anxiety, regardless of your background or current level of preparation. While I remain flexible on what to focus on during our sessions, I tend to structure the prep in three phases:
- Intro to consulting interviews & resume / fit sessions
First, I like to set clear expectations on what the interview process looks like and to give insights on the actual job. I then spend time to truly understand your motivations to apply and review your resume so as to be able to develop a fit interview strategy tailored to your ambitions.
- Casing ability assessment and growth plan
I then proceed to assess your current preparation (note: I am happy to follow your guidance if you need to become more confident on a specific case type, e.g. market sizing). This allows me to understand where to focus our time together and to give guidance on where to invest time and effort to improve. I am happy to go through both the main and less-known case frameworks, but I always encourage to break free from pre-defined structures, which are often a “burden” when tackling more complex, unusual cases (e.g. final rounds).
To support our sessions, I have some prep material I can share to help you out practicing even after our time together.
- Full-Interview session(s)
As a final part, I like to schedule 2-3 “full interview” sessions together to go through what a real case interview is like, from fit to case. I take these opportunities not only to provide feedback on the learning journey but also as a way to train you with new and unusual case structures. I recommend repeating this until you become sufficiently confident to tackle the actual thing.
Please note that, as I am fully committed to your success throughout the interview process, I will make sure I provide very direct and constructive feedback throughout our sessions.
Add Ons - MBA Application Prep
As an additional service, I am happy to help you prepare your MBA application. Text me for more info on this.
I take personal pride in helping people throughout their career journey, both before and after the hire. This passion for coaching made me spend time and effort helping out friends and peers to master casing leading to numerous new MBB hires in both US and Europe.
As for my background:
- 3 years of consulting experience at Bain & Company, where I focused on the Private Equity practice, Financial Services, and Retail
- MBA with Dean’s Honors from Columbia, sponsored by Bain & Company
- Other professional experiences in VCs, where I learned how to frame and tackle business problems at the entrepreneurial / Startup level
- Extensive experience in case preparation, having prepared more than 20 candidates in the past few years