Experte mit der besten Antwort


100% Empfehlungsrate

323 Meetings

1.798 Q&A Upvotes

319 USD / Coaching

Maximum wait time for offer

Anonym A fragte am 18. Apr 2018 - 5 Antworten

Hi everyone, received an MBB offer but still in first rounds with another MBB firm - has anyone tried / succeded in getting an offer to last up to a month?

5 Antworten

  • Upvotes
  • Datum aufsteigend
  • Datum absteigend
Beste Antwort
antwortete am 19. Apr 2018
McKinsey Engagement Manager & BCG Consultant | Interviewer at McK & BCG for 7 years | Coached 100+ candidates secure MBB offers
Coaching mit Sidi vereinbaren

100% Empfehlungsrate

323 Meetings

1.798 Q&A Upvotes

319 USD / Coaching


in all honesty - 1 month should be the bare minimum that a firm gives you to properly assess their offer. To my knowledge and awareness, this has never been a problem at any of the MBB firms in all markets that I saw (and I saw a few...).

Just be open and explain them that you have other interviews scheduled and you want to make an informed decision which will take a couple of weeks.

Cheers, Sidi

Content Creator
antwortete am 20. Apr 2018
#1 Expert for Coaching Sessions (2.400+) | 1.100+ Reviews with 100% Recommendation Rate | Ex BCG | 6 Years Coaching Experience
Coaching mit Francesco vereinbaren

100% Empfehlungsrate

2.492 Meetings

2.647 Q&A Upvotes

319 USD / Coaching

Hi Anonymous,

congratulations for your offer! Based on my experience in Europe, most of the time you have a 1-2 week period to accept an offer; that may be different in other countries though. You may be able to expand it, however it’s probably easier to call the other firm and explain you have an MBB offer to accelerate with them –as an example I managed to complete the whole process (from initial test to final decision round) with BCG in 4 days once informed them I had another offer.



antwortete am 18. Apr 2018
McKinsey / Accenture / Got all BIG3 offers / More than 300 real MBB cases / Harvard Business School
Coaching mit Vlad vereinbaren

98% Empfehlungsrate

356 Meetings

5.116 Q&A Upvotes

229 USD / Coaching


You can always ask the MBB company to expedite the process if you have another MBB offer. In general, McKinsey will be fine with that, unless there is a lack of capacity on their side.


antwortete am 18. Apr 2018
Former BCG decision round interviewer with 300+ real interviews in 8 years
Coaching mit Andrea vereinbaren

100% Empfehlungsrate

107 Meetings

754 Q&A Upvotes

269 USD / Coaching

Yes, you could also speed up things at other firms that you are still in first rounds with. They usually are able to arrange a second round within a week for you - assuming you give your availability.


Anonym B antwortete am 18. Apr 2018

Yes, but I was clear upfront I am interviewing with other MBB and had in advance prepared reasons why I wanted to finish the process. If you give a call to HR and explain why you want to extend the period, it should be possible.

Verwandte BootCamp-Artikel

Interviewer-Led vs Candidate-Led cases

Case Interviews can be led by the candidate or by the interviewer: In Candidate-led cases the main challenge is the structure. In Interviewer-led cases the main challenge is to adapt quickly

Verwandte Cases

Bain Case: Asiatische Schmierstoffe

97,9 Tsd. mal gelöst
4.7 5 27274
| Bewertung: (4.7 / 5.0)

Der in seiner Heimatregion äußerst erfolgreiche asiatische Premiumhersteller von Schmierstoffen, LubricantsCo, möchte seinen Umsatz und Gewinn weiter steigern. Die Produktpalette erstreckt sich von Schmierstoffen im automobilen Umfeld (z. B. Motor- und Getriebeöl) bis zu Industrieanwendungen (z. B. ... Ganzen Case öffnen

Sie erben von Ihrem Großvater ein Weingut, die Old Winery, welche sich seit fünf Generationen in Familienbesitz befindet und bis ins 16. Jahrhundert datiert werden kann. Auf den elf Hektar der Old Winery werden konventionell, d.h. nicht biologisch betrieben und zertifiziert, je zur Hälfte weiße und ... Ganzen Case öffnen