Hey, I will be doing an interview for a mobile game company in the next days and they will probably have a guesstimation question like these for me. I would answer it like that:
- Brazil Population: 200 M
- People who can afford to buy smartphones: 120 M
- Types of consumers:
(1) People don't use smartphones for playing: Those who just use for work, calling, seding sms or whatsapp. Those who uses only social media like whatsapp, instagram, etc (20 M)
(2) People who play moderately: Those who play while waiting for the doctor, or in the train/bus etc. They play but they don't download too many games, they use what is easiest.(80M)
(3) People who play a lot: those who spend lot of their time playing, not only they are waiting for the bus but also at home in their free time. They play a lot and like testing new kinds of games. (20M)
- Quantity of games downloaded per year:
(1) 20 M x 0,0 = 0,0
(2) 80 M x 6,0 = 480 M (1 game in 2 months)
(3) 20 M x 24,0 = 480 M (2 games in 1 month)
Total = 960 M
What do you think?
Would it be better to classify the population by age?
Should I consider something else?