Hi Anonymous, I am Italian and have worked at Bain Italy for ~2.5 years.
In terms of written entry tests in strategy consulting companies in Italy see below some more info, based on my knowledge:
- With written tests (for sure):
- McKinsey (PST, which I did and passed, but it is pretty tough. You can find a few examples online to practice)
- BCG (they do a logical and verbal written test. What I have heard from some friends who did it, it is feasible)
- Without written tests (for sure):
- Bain & Co (I did and passed interviews at Bain and there is no written test. First round is directly with 2 managers for a case interview)
- Without written tests (I think): All the other ones as Roland Berger, OW, AT Kearney should not have a written test from what I have heard but I am not 100% sure.
Hope this is helpful and happy to help if you need any more tips on consulting in Italy, especially for Bain, where I worked at.