Currently, I am struggling to find information on the written case format. Can anyone help me? Tips etc. very welcome
I have a written interview at Deloitte
Here I've uploaded some written case samples (Message me for a password)
The best way to prepare is the following:
- Check if the calculator is allowed. So far it was. If not - you have to train mental math. I posted the main tips here: https://www.preplounge.com/en/consulting-forum/tips-to-do-big-multiplications-in-my-mind-726#a1422
- Prepare for a regular case interview - it helps a lot. Basically, prep lounge website is about it
- Practice reading cases fast and prioritizing the information. I found useful two sources:
- Written cases you'll be able to find in google or in case books. I've seen a couple in "Vault Guide to the Case Interview" and "Insead Business Admission Test"
- Harvard cases - either buy or try to find online. You can find a couple of MIT cases here for free: https://mitsloan.mit.edu/LearningEdge/Pages/Case-Studies.aspx Unfortunately free cases don't have the prep questions.
The written case is similar to the oral ones. Practice writing and reviewing your answers. All the best with it
Duraflex is a German footwear company with annual men’s footwear sales of approximately €1 b. They have always relied on the boot market for the majority of their volume. In this market they compete with three other major competitors. In the fall of 2013, Badger – one of Duraflex’s competitiors – ... Open whole case