Note: besides standard classes I also offer the GYM Program, aiming to provide a full coverage of all the necessary tools to land an offer in just 5 sessions with a 41% discount on classes and materials (please review below the full details of the program). As I have few slots available per month, please send me a private message to verify availability in case you are interested.
In the last 5 years I have helped hundreds of people from 5 continents in consulting interview preparation. To my surprise, I discovered that 80% of candidates do 2 major mistakes, right at the beginning of the case. This was consistent between people with few cases done, and people with 100+ cases under their belt who read Case in Point and Victor Cheng, and spent hundred of euros in coaching. Can you guess which they are?
Unfortunately, if you do one of these 2 mistakes, you have likely done with your consulting dream job career. Statistically, if you do not know which they are, you will do at least one of them.
That’s where I can help. I can lead you to identify the major mistakes you may likely do in your next interview, get additional invitations via referral - including MBB - and define the optimal action plan before the big day, based on your areas of improvement, so that you can get the offer you deserve.
I can do this as I did it already for myself in the past. I almost failed at McKinsey first round, just because I practiced on Victor Cheng and Case in Point only. After that I committed to do 150 cases to be sure I would not repeat the same mistakes. I studied ALL the consulting prep material I could find available, online and offline. I then went through finals with McKinsey, Bain, Oliver Wyman and BCG, before choosing the latter. You can now leverage in 1 hour the experience I gained in hundred of cases and more than a thousand coaching sessions interviews, thanks to PrepLounge.
Why choose me
There is one single metric you should consider when choosing a coach: success rate. Coaching with me you have 83% chance to move to the next round or land an offer; that’s statistically based on the last 3 years and you can find proof of that in the reviews at the end of this page. This is something you need to know before starting coaching with an expert, and I would encourage you to compare the reviews at the end with those of the alternatives you are considering, to better evaluate your investment.
Below you can find some additional statistics from my coaching you may find useful for comparison with alternatives:
- 1500+ consulting coaching sessions, 1400+ of which certified on PrepLounge
- 100% recommendation rate from 650+ reviews, available at the bottom of this page
- 76% of the people who booked with me one class booked additional sessions after the first (data since July 1st 2017)
Moreover booking a class with me you will get:
- A diversified network of hundreds of current consultants worldwide, previous alumni of my classes, including 5 current experts on PrepLounge, to leverage referrals
- Complete Q&A knowledge on consulting, certified by 300+ forum contributions on the PrepLounge forum and 900+ upvotes for them
- Specific insider information on McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Oliver Wyman, Roland Berger, Strategy&, A.T. Kearney, Monitor Deloitte, ZS Associates, Simon-Kucher and LEK, thanks to broad network of alumni of my classes
Finally, thanks to years of experience in coaching, I can be sure to provide the most updated information on recent changes in the recruiting process for top consulting firms. This is something that can hardly be done by someone who has just started with coaching sessions, even if he/she is an experienced consultant, since the interview process has changed substantially in the last few years, in particular for MBB.
When we start coaching, my goal is not simply to provide you with a good one-hour training for consulting interviews. My goal is that you succeed, whatever your specific goal in consulting is. As a consequence:
- We won't be time-constrained by the traditional one-hour class. Our session will last until you have satisfied all your questions and have received a complete written feedback on your performance.
- If you have a last-minute interview (less than 3 days before we talk) I will provide you my personal number and will be available for you over the phone and via WhatsApp for last minute doubts after the session, free of charge.
- I will be available by email for additional tips and material, until you have actually achieved your goal and joined your desired consulting firm.
What we will cover in a class
- Full practice with a mock interview, either interviewee or interviewer led, according to the company you are applying for
- Mistakes cleaning: the 2 major mistakes people do and how to avoid them
- Detailed written feedback at least 1 page long on your performance for 3 areas (fit, case and communication) and the exact steps to avoid to repeat the mistakes again
- Review of the basics: 7 most common fit questions, 4 most common structures you will need
- The best way to present your structure so that it can always fit the case
- Differences between interviews at McKinsey, Bain, BCG and other top consulting firms
- Bonus (if required): How to get MBB invitations, independently by your GPA or school
- Bonus (if required): How to prepare for BCG potential test or McKinsey PST or SHL test, with sample tests available for both for free
- Bonus (if required): Optimal preparation calendar according to the time you have available, for the 6 key areas of the interview: (i) fit questions, (ii) market sizing, (iii) structuring, (iv) business acumen development, (v) fluency in the communication and (vi) math.
The GYM Program
I have recently started to categorize the main mistakes people do in consulting preparation. Many of these mistakes are due to out-of-date material, such as Victor Cheng material or Case in Point, which, although sufficient for an initial understanding of what a consulting interview is, are missing recent developments in the consulting interview process. Thanks to 1500+ mock interviews, I have learned which are the most time-effective strategies to avoid these mistakes and to improve the overall performance.
Since July 1st 2017, 76% of people I have helped booked more than one session with me in order to fully benefit from this knowledge, and for this reason I have decided to structure a multi-session program to provide a complete preparation toolkit for those interested in that from the beginning.
I have thus developed the GYM (Getting You into Management consulting) program. The GYM is a 5-session training program that has been structured for those who want to maximize the likelihood of an offer, covering all the significant requirements in a consulting interview. In particular, the program includes the following:
SESSION 1: Full mock interview, testing both PEI and case skills (first round format). This will help you to correct 40-50% of your current mistakes in communication and structuring, but for a specific case only. Thus, after the session, our natural next step will be to have you covered for ALL the most frequent type of cases. This session will not be time constrained until you have received a complete feedback and all your questions are satisfied.
SESSION 2: Case Structuring - Part 1. I noticed many candidates are strong on a couple of cases (usually profitability and market entry) but find a lot more challenging others (operations, M&A, pricing, etc.). That’s mainly due to the fact that the usual Victor Cheng approach does NOT work for these cases. After the first class, once you have grasped the basics of a good communication and the insides of a specific structure, we will move to the next level. Before the class, you will receive a set of questions to structure in advance. We will then cover a minimum of 3 different mini-cases, out of those you found more challenging, and the related way to better structure them. The methods we will see will be a lot more effective than Case in Point and Victor Cheng ones, since they not only include all the knowledge of these materials, but also the most recent development in consulting interviews. This session will not be time constrained until we have covered at least 3 different mini-cases.
SESSION 3: Case Structuring - Part 2. We will complete the analysis of the remaining common cases, working on 4 other different mini-cases. Once completed the third section, you will know how to structure perfectly 90% of all the possible business cases.
SESSION 4: Market sizing. Do you freeze if you get a question like "How long did it take to build the Great Wall of China"? You can easily get a question like this in your final round, where partners tend to use more market sizing (I actually got that question myself). That's why we will dedicate a full section to cover market sizing and how to avoid common mistakes, such as saying that your estimation is based on your experience – one of the most typical no-no in market sizing. There are 4 key types of market sizing structures – you should know them all to be sure you are solid on this part of the interview.
SESSION 5: Full mock interview, testing both PEI and case skills (final round format). In the last session we will cover a full case putting in practice the knowledge of the previous 4 sessions, working either on:
- A qualitative case + Complex market sizing, or
- A highly quantitative case
This will be a final round format, thus with more fit focus and a lot more pressure.
The previous 5 sessions are structured in order to maximize your performance in actual interviews. However, the programme is also flexible in case you want to see something different. If you are interested in other areas, like specific PEI questions, CV and Cover review, or referrals, we can substitute one of the 5 sessions with that.
During the sessions, you will receive
- 49 most common fit questions in consulting interviews
- 25 business cases and 12 market sizing to practice on your own before the second and third session
- 8 frameworks to crack 90% of business cases
- 4 frameworks to crack 90% of market sizing cases
- 5 written feedback of the sessions, with your mistakes and the specific next steps to avoid them
The 5 sessions together have a value of €1499/$1599, not including the material above, which, coming from 5+ years of experience and 1000+ coaching sessions, I would normally price at €550/$600, for a grand total of €2049/$2199. I am currently offering the GYM Program at the discounted rate of €1199/$1299, with all the material for free and two time-unconstrained sessions, thus at a 41% discount. The program can be booked with the P4S Pro Package, which you can reserve asking the administrators to schedule all the sessions with me.
Please note I can manage a limited number of GYM Programs per month, thus I would have to confirm in advance the availability for the program for the period interesting for you. In order to align on the availability, please write me a message and mention you are interested in the program rather than in the single session.
Before our session
To maximize your benefit, you should have already done some preparation on your own before the training (5-10 cases or 10-20h spent on preparation). You should also have an interview scheduled with or be willing to apply to McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Oliver Wyman, Roland Berger, Strategy&, A.T. Kearney, Monitor Deloitte, ZS Associates, Simon-Kucher or LEK. I only coach people targeting companies I helped to secure offers from; this in order to ensure I will not waste your time and money with coaching I would have not experience with. We would need at least 2 days before your interview to do proper coaching. I would not recommend booking a class until the previous conditions are met, as we would not optimize your time.
Before the session, I would also kindly ask you to send me a link to your LinkedIn profile or your CV; I will have indeed to analyse it before our class to optimize the behavioural part, which will be critical for your success.
Who I am
I am an entrepreneur and former BCG consultant. After 3 degrees cum laude from Bocconi (Italy), MGIMO (Russia) and Barcelona GSE (Spain) I joined BCG in the Milan office. After BCG I joined an angel fund in Berlin, where we invested in the newly born app space. Subsequently, I left the fund, to found my own company.
During my career as a coach I have done 1000+ interviews and multiple Bootcamps in some of the most prestigious universities in Europe, from HEC to Sant'Anna. I am currently the #1 expert on PrepLounge for Meetings, Recommendation rate and Awards.
Feel free to write me on PrepLounge for any additional question. You can also find below some of the reviews of the people that I helped for further reference.