Hey! Does anyone want to study together and solve cases: I'm doing an intensive preparation starting today. You can reach me by email: a*****************@g****.com or linkedin: https://br.linkedin.com/in/alice-ferraz-de-paula-a8233aba
Preparation for McKinsey, Bain and BCG
Great to see you guys leveraging this platform (apart from your b-school consulting clubs) to find partners and crack cases. While you get into the intense prep, do take care of the following:
- Get your basics/knowledge base right. Core subjects in grad school/MBA need to be thoroughly understood
- Do not neglect FIT part, work on it and practice it during your networking conversations with consultants/ case cracking practice sessions
- Practice case cracking - At least 50 before you interview with any company
- Ensure case diversity while practicing. Let the issues come from different sectors, fucntions, geographies. Few strat, few ops, few finance, few marketing; similarly few interviewer led, few interiewee led etc.
- Periodically ( thumb rule : after every 8th case ) practice will a consultant or ex-consultant. Cases cracked with batchmates do not give you a true indication of your improvement curve
- Most importantly; see if you are enjoying these practice sessions. If you are not, probably you might not enjoy the consulting role.
All the best!
Have a BCG interview coming up. Would like to practise cases.
Thanks Gaurav, Very insightful!!
Hi there, I am interested as well. I have a BCG interview coming up in a few weeks.Just inbox me on Prep Lounge.
Hi guys, I'm preparing for Mc Kinsey as well. Would be happy to team up for some cases asap.
Same here! Feel free to contact me as well, anyone. My email is y*****@n**.edu LinkedIn: https://cn.linkedin.com/in/aileenlinyixu
Hello, I am interested I am having my mckinsey interview on thursday
I am doing an intensive preparation for BCG as well. it would be good to work together.
I am interested. Sent a message on gmail.
Related BootCamp article(s)
Interviewer-Led vs Candidate-Led cases
Case Interviews can be led by the candidate or by the interviewer: In Candidate-led cases the main challenge is the structure. In Interviewer-led cases the main challenge is to adapt quickly
The case study is the most important element of the case interview, which you'll have to nail in order to get into strategic consulting. Here you can learn the specific skills and concepts necessary to solve them.
LubricantsCo, a very successful Asian premium producer of lubricants in their native region, would like to further increase their revenue and profit. The product range ranges from lubricants in the automotive sector (e.g. motor and gear oil) to industrial applications (e.g. fats, heavy-duty oils). ... Open whole case
You have inherited the “Old Winery” from your grandfather, a winery which has been family owned for five generations and can be dated back to the 16th century. Half of the eleven hectares are used to grow white grapes, the other half to grow red grapes. They are grown in the conventional way, i.e. ... Open whole case
Tell me of a situation where you had an opinion and no one seemed to agree with you. What was your goal when you decided to join university / work / clubs / a sports team? Did you have a goal that you were not able to reach? What did you do? What do you want to be remembered for and how are you a ... Open whole case
What arouses your interest when you are working / studying / doing another activity (from the CV)? Tell me of a time where you had no idea what you were doing. When did you use an uncommon approach to do something? Have you ever had responsibility for other people? Tell me of a situation where y ... Open whole case
Tell me about a difficult situation you had to cope with. Tell me of a task which you didn’t like doing and explain why you performed it nevertheless. Why do you do things? What do you like doing most / What is your favorite hobby? Walk me through a situation where you showed leadership skills. Open whole case