Hi Anonymous A,
thanks for asking your question in our Consulting Q&A!
In a former thread, a similar topic has already been discussed.
Vlad stated the following:
I believe YOU NEED BOTH good partners and coaches to increase your odds of success. Partners give you quantity and build your muscle memory.Coaches specifically:
- Can save you tens if not hundreds of hours. I know many candidates who have done 100+ cases with the poor partners and got no offer.
- May have a program covering all possible types of the cases (pls check in my profile)
- Can assess you using the real case interview criteria
- Can work on your fit interview since they heard hundreds of stories and know how to make them perfect
- Give you a professional feedback since they have seen hundreds of candidates and can calibrate your performance
For the full Q&A, check the following link: What are the benefits of coaching compared to having a good partner to practice?
We believe that case coaching is very helpful and will be worth your investment. Experienced coaches usually know exactly what interviewers want and can turn you into the perfect candidate. Plus, after having landed the job, the amount you have spent on the coaching sessions won't seem like much to you anymore ;)
In case you decide to give case coaching a shot, you might want to check out our Prep4Success coaching package. This is a bundle of 3, 5 or 10 coaching sessions that gives you an overall discount and includes additional benefits like a one-year premium membership, an individually tailored training plan, a McKinsey Practice PST and all the prep material you need.
If you have any further question, don't hesitate to contact us.
Hope this helps and best of luck for your case prep and upcoming case interviews!
PrepLounge Community Management
Follow us on: Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn | twitter