The preparation for your case interview in management consulting requires a lot of work, diligence, perseverance, and discipline. It is not uncommon for many candidates to focus on the case interview itself, without keeping the motivational fit interview in mind. Even if it makes up the smaller part of the interview, it is still equally important in the interviewer's decision as to your case-solving. Within this article, our case interview coach Clara gives you an introduction to the most common motivational fit questions and provides you with a fitting approach to answer them.
What to Expect in This Article
- What to Expect in This Article
- 1. Introduction to FIT – A Key Section of the Interview
- 2. Introduction – What are Motivational Questions?
- 2.1 What are the Interviewer's Goals With These Questions?
- 2.2 Which Communications Techniques Can Be Leveraged?
- 3. Detailed Example Questions With Tips And Answers
- 3.1 Why Consulting
- 3.2 Why This Particular MBB
- 3.3 Why This Particular Location
- 3.4 Why This Particular Business Function
- 4. How to Prepare for Motivational Questions
- 5. About the Author