I have a question about the time passing between these two moments:
- Moment in which a candidate submit application via consulting firm’s online portal
- Moment in which HR call candidate back to schedule first round (in case of positive application obviously)
That’s an important issue to take in account during prep preparation because if time gap is “short” (e.g. 1 week) between the two moments candidate must be already prepared 100%, if time gap is “longer” candidate can start apply before a 100% preparation.
I thought there is no “rule” and several drivers can influence the time are:
- MBB vs Tier 2/3 (MBB time is longer than Tier 2/3)
- Application to a vacancy position vs spontaneous application (obviously in case of vacancy, they’ll interview you soon)
- Office location (maybe offices of the same firm can have different policies in different regions)
- Time period of the year (in case of higher demand of projects, they’ll interview you soon)
Am I right with all of that?
Thanks very much!