The process in A.T.Kearney is somehow similar to BIG3 companies.
Each of the interviews consists of 2 sections:
- PEI section, where you describe the experience you have by answering the interviewer's questions. Your experienced should be related to the values of A.T.Kearney.
- Case section, where you crack the case. Case is a reallide situaton, which one of the clients had. Interviewer will describe you the situation and you are to offer a solution in a structured way.
Below I describe the process in more details.
Prepare the stories for each of the sections listed below. Make sure you use top-down approach, where you tell the result first. Be proactive and make sure your stories are worth listening, use body language and eye contact.
Record yourself in a web-cam and look through the recording to see how you can improve.
Please see below a non-exhaustive, but already quite comprehensive, list of potential questions
- What was a situation where you set a major goal and been able to achieve it?
- Tell me about a time when you achieved a difficult goal
- What has been your major accomplishment so far?
- Tell me about a time that you did something innovative
- Give me three examples of a time that you lead a group.
- What are some key lessons you have learned about motivating people?
- Tell me about a time you lead a team through a conflict
- Tell me about a time you lead a team to achieve a difficult goal
- Tell me about a time where you were leading a team and you needed to force someone to work when they didn't want to do it
- Tell me about a time that you persuaded your boss to go along with an idea you had
- Tell me about a time that you managed upwards
- Tell me about a time that you changed someone's mind
- Tell me about a difficult situation where you had to rely on your communication skills
- Tell me about a time where you dealt with a conflict/crisis/difficult member in your team
Structure your preparation into 2 main blocks: theory and practice
Ist stage. Theory
Wharton casebook 2010- you can check how all industries work there (airlines,
Case-in-point – you can check what frameworks exist, try to practice and learn
them (product launch, M&A etc.)
Check how former business consultant approaches different cases with best
interviewers – listen to at least 3 cases of LOMS
Check out MECE principle, top-down, bottom-up à pyramid principle (book
Barbara’s Minto Pyramid) IInd stage.
Create your own case schedule (solve at least 1 case per day) with partners in local groups, universities/preplounge (extreme case)
Structure everything you do (how to go the shop, structure articles you read)
Solve at least 1 case per each case type you found in case in point
Learn how to analyze graphs (practice looking at graphs and asking so whats out of them)
Brainstorming is a must = generate at least 10 ideas on an topic in 30 seconds
I am sure you will make it. You should remember that it is not about the talent, but a practice.
Link to a fulll guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DwUwqUu6OwRd1bCVTzRA-6dcvPL2_p91/view?usp=sharing
Pls text me if access is not granted automatically.