I have answered below to your questions:
1. Overall Consulting Experience-(client types, case work, travel, etc.)
That’s something you cannot really assess upfront – it will be too dependent on each company evolution and the type of projects you will find /your fit with the company
2. Promotion-(policies, time to partner etc.)
That’s something you cannot really assess upfront – it will be too dependent on each company evolution and the type of projects you will find / your fit with the company. Remember that very few people make to partners, not necessarily for the up-or-out policy, rather to focus on different areas (own venture, private equity, better work-life balance).
3. Wealth Accumulation-(earning potential)
Bain wins, but not necessarily for the salary you would have during the consulting experience, rather for the exit opportunities
4. Exit Ops
Bain wins here for the stronger brand, in particular for private equity
5. Other areas folks might consider important to factor?
- Your personal needs in terms of location (is EMEA better for you that US for family and friends reasons)
- The key factors I would keep in making a decision are:
- Exit opportunities
- Gut feeling with the company during interviews, in particular based on your questions at the end for the interviewer
- Specific sectors companies focus on that you find attractive