Frankly - I wish I thought about this early in my career like you are. So fantastic job on starting early and preparing for your future! For all others reading this post, it is great practice to start thinking about your future finances as early as you possibly can.
Advise I got at my personal finance class during MBA.
1. Pick lowest cost funds, ideally ETFs
2. Invest with a long term horizon, aka put your money and forget about it till you need
3. Dollar cost average, aka invest fixed amounts every month regardless of the market
4. Stay diversified but do not invest in more than 3-5 funds.
My personal folio is -
- FTSE Developed World UCITS ETF (VEVE)
- FTSE Emerging Markets UCITS ETF (VFEM)
- S&P 500 UCITS ETF (VUSA)
- Global Bond Index Fund - Hedged Accumulation
With the idea with invest in Equities and Bonds and Developed and emerging markets.
(This is by no means any financial advice, just a personal philosophy I follow based on things I have learnt)