to briefly summarise my current situation - I'm an experienced hire from consulting (non-MBB) applying to BCG:
- Applied to BCG and was first invited to an informal lunch with a partner
- Invited to 1st round interviews (online case, 2 interviews)
- Feedback was: "not much feedback, maybe feel free to draw a bit more from your experience when answering the case questions"
- Invited to 2nd round interview
- After receiving the invite, the recruiter told me that the partner I had lunch with said that I can call him if I have any questions before the 2nd round
- What would you do with this feedback? My concern is that if I draw too much from my experience in the 2nd round that they will dismiss me as profesionally biased. I guess it's just about finding the right balance...?
- Is there any particular reason the partner extended the invite? I think it's very kind of him and I would like to speak to him about expectations in the 2nd round (e.g., what should I prepare for that is office-specific), but I don't want to ruin my chances in any way