I have a couple of question regarding the interview situation.
I made into the second round at BCG and the feedback after round 1 was:
1. I should be more precise and succinct in my answers during cases and the personal fit part.
2. The cases were ok but not outstanding (I should better structure, be more leading and calculate more accurately).
Although I thought I improved in both dimensions during the last weeks, in 2 of 3 interviews with other companies (including Bain) inbetween the BCG rounds I was not successfull.
Therefore my questions:
1. Do you have any tipps on how to be more precise and succinct in answering open questions (e.g. during the personal fit part)? I am afraid of being too formal and appearing not natural enough when answering in a very structured way or taking too much time to think of a structured answer all the time.
2. How can I improve on structuring and sticking to my structure if the interviewer intervenes often? I fail to find the right time point for building the formal structure when the interviewer leads too much.
3. My interview is scheduled next week. Should I try to postpone it after the holidays or do you think I can improve on these two points enough to get the offer?
I practiced quite many cases (100+) here on prep lounge and in person. After the practice cases, the feedback was mostly positive. So I don't think that the general structure and understanding of casing is the major problem.
Thanks in advance for your help.