Are you wondering how you can enter the consulting industry as an experienced hire and whether it is even worth applying for you because you only read everywhere that fresh undergraduates or post-MBA students enter consulting? First of all: Yes, it is worth it! And the top consulting firms are even actively looking for you. What makes you so special as an experienced hire for the companies? Your professional experience and expertise in your field! In this article Lucie, consulting expert on PrepLounge and experienced hire herself, gives you a detailed overview of what experienced hires are, why they are interesting for the top firms like McKinsey, Bain, or BCG, and how you can apply to the firms as an experienced hire. At the end of the article, you will also find some interesting pros and cons of working in the consulting industry that you should not miss out on.
- Experienced Hires
- Who is the Experienced Hire?
- Who Would Be a Perfect Match?
- How Does the Recruiting Process Look Like?
- What Job to Apply for?
- What Are the Positives of Joining Consulting?
- What Are the Downsizes Working for a Consulting Firm?
- Is Consulting for You as an Experienced Hire?
- About the Author