Cookie- und Privatsphäre-Einstellungen

Diese Webseite nutzt Cookies, um essenzielle Funktionen wie den User-Login und Sessions zur Verfügung zu stellen. Wir nutzen zudem Cookies und Software von Dritten, um Dein Surf-Erlebnis auf preplounge.com zu verbessern. Du kannst entweder nur essenzielle Cookies oder alle Cookies akzeptieren. Du kannst Deine Einstellungen jederzeit in unseren Cookie- und Privatsphäre-Einstellungen ändern. Dieser Link ist im Footer unserer Seit zu finden. Wenn Du mehr Informationen benötigst, besuche bitte unsere Datenschutz-Erklärung.

Datenverarbeitung in den USA: Indem Du auf "Ich akzeptiere" klickst, willigst Du zugleich gem. Art. 49 Abs. 1 S. 1 lit. a DSGVO ein, dass Deine Daten in den USA verarbeitet werden (von Google LLC, Facebook Inc., LinkedIn Inc., Stripe, Paypal).

Individuell einstellen Ich akzeptiere
expert
Experte mit der besten Antwort

Francesco

100% Empfehlungsrate

3.412 Meetings

15.606 Q&A Upvotes

449 USD / Coaching

6

3 weeks since my final Interview at big 4. Should I even be hopeful at this point?

So I had my final round interview at EY 3 weeks ago. I hv followed up every week after the final interview. The latest response from HR is that the team is reviewing all candidates and deciding which ones to proceed with once all of the final interviews have been concluded. Am I screwed?

This is a role I really want, and I am really anxious about what the decision is going to be. The HR also told me to let her know if anything has changed at my end so that she could manage internal expectations.

The wait is really tough :(

So I had my final round interview at EY 3 weeks ago. I hv followed up every week after the final interview. The latest response from HR is that the team is reviewing all candidates and deciding which ones to proceed with once all of the final interviews have been concluded. Am I screwed?

This is a role I really want, and I am really anxious about what the decision is going to be. The HR also told me to let her know if anything has changed at my end so that she could manage internal expectations.

The wait is really tough :(

6 Antworten

  • Upvotes
  • Datum aufsteigend
  • Datum absteigend
Beste Antwort
Coaching mit Francesco vereinbaren

100% Empfehlungsrate

3.412 Meetings

15.606 Q&A Upvotes

449 USD / Coaching

Hi there,

Unlike MBB, Big 4 take quite some time to provide outcomes (in particular in the Middle East). So you cannot really infer much from the waiting time (although usually the more you wait, the less likely is the offer).

In any case, the truth is: you cannot do anything at this stage to change the outcome. Thinking whether you are “screwed” or not is going to have zero effect on whether you get the offer.

I agree with Cedric and Ian that a good strategy is to prepare a solid plan B. If you have not applied to the other companies, I would start to look for referrals there.

You can find more on that at the link below:

https://www.preplounge.com/en/consulting-forum/hey-everyonehope-all-is-well-3176

Best,

Francesco

Hi there,

Unlike MBB, Big 4 take quite some time to provide outcomes (in particular in the Middle East). So you cannot really infer much from the waiting time (although usually the more you wait, the less likely is the offer).

In any case, the truth is: you cannot do anything at this stage to change the outcome. Thinking whether you are “screwed” or not is going to have zero effect on whether you get the offer.

I agree with Cedric and Ian that a good strategy is to prepare a solid plan B. If you have not applied to the other companies, I would start to look for referrals there.

You can find more on that at the link below:

https://www.preplounge.com/en/consulting-forum/hey-everyonehope-all-is-well-3176

Best,

Francesco

I have to say that sadly there is nothing more you can do. So being anxious (while being normal) will not lead you anywhere unfortunately.


Sadly, it's hard to know whether or not it's a good thing. If the answer was already known, the HR would probably flat out tell you, you didn't make it rather than telling you there is no answer yet.

So I think, the best thing you can do is keep going with your interview process and try to start getting interviews with other companies (other Big 4, tier 1, tier 2, boutiques, the choice is extremely large).

And if you don't make it with EY, while being sad that's really not the end of the world. Life is a journey, join another cosultancy that you like and in 18months-2years if you still want to you can then apply again to EY.

I have to say that sadly there is nothing more you can do. So being anxious (while being normal) will not lead you anywhere unfortunately.


Sadly, it's hard to know whether or not it's a good thing. If the answer was already known, the HR would probably flat out tell you, you didn't make it rather than telling you there is no answer yet.

So I think, the best thing you can do is keep going with your interview process and try to start getting interviews with other companies (other Big 4, tier 1, tier 2, boutiques, the choice is extremely large).

And if you don't make it with EY, while being sad that's really not the end of the world. Life is a journey, join another cosultancy that you like and in 18months-2years if you still want to you can then apply again to EY.

Coaching mit Ian vereinbaren

100% Empfehlungsrate

265 Meetings

22.951 Q&A Upvotes

289 USD / Coaching

Hi there,

I'm sorry you've had to wait so long - certainly understand your frustration here!

If there is no answer yet, yes you should be hopeful. They would have informed you if you were a flat-out no. That said, even if were day 1, you should always hope for the best but plan for the worst.

That also said, you didn't help yourself by emailing them 3 weeks in a row. Next time, please exercise a bit more patience! Think about it from their end - does you messaging them have any potential upside? No. Does it have potential downside (getting them annoyed, there being a type-o or negative-sounding sentence, etc)? Yes.

Hi there,

I'm sorry you've had to wait so long - certainly understand your frustration here!

If there is no answer yet, yes you should be hopeful. They would have informed you if you were a flat-out no. That said, even if were day 1, you should always hope for the best but plan for the worst.

That also said, you didn't help yourself by emailing them 3 weeks in a row. Next time, please exercise a bit more patience! Think about it from their end - does you messaging them have any potential upside? No. Does it have potential downside (getting them annoyed, there being a type-o or negative-sounding sentence, etc)? Yes.

Coaching mit Adi vereinbaren

100% Empfehlungsrate

74 Meetings

6.675 Q&A Upvotes

159 USD / Coaching

Its not a reject/accept until you get one. So remain hopeful but dont bank on it too much & have other options going in parallel while you are waiting. There could be so many factors at play behind the scenes which you have no control/visibility over.

Its not a reject/accept until you get one. So remain hopeful but dont bank on it too much & have other options going in parallel while you are waiting. There could be so many factors at play behind the scenes which you have no control/visibility over.

Coaching mit Udayan vereinbaren

99% Empfehlungsrate

97 Meetings

3.461 Q&A Upvotes

239 USD / Coaching

This is the absolute worst part of interviewing - having to wait for your results. The best thing you can do is to make a plan for any option B for yourself.

In terms of whether it is hopeless - hard to say but if they really wanted to reject you they would have done it by now. There is no benefit to keep you waiting. It is very likely they are waiting for all interviews to benchmark all candidates and select the ones they want to hire.

Best,

Udayan

This is the absolute worst part of interviewing - having to wait for your results. The best thing you can do is to make a plan for any option B for yourself.

In terms of whether it is hopeless - hard to say but if they really wanted to reject you they would have done it by now. There is no benefit to keep you waiting. It is very likely they are waiting for all interviews to benchmark all candidates and select the ones they want to hire.

Best,

Udayan

Coaching mit Gaurav vereinbaren

100% Empfehlungsrate

198 Meetings

6.592 Q&A Upvotes

169 USD / Coaching

Sorry to hear that! While waiting - you can focus on any backup options you have. It will keep you busy, and also be helpful if you are rejected there. But never give up until you get an official result! Fingers crossed

Sorry to hear that! While waiting - you can focus on any backup options you have. It will keep you busy, and also be helpful if you are rejected there. But never give up until you get an official result! Fingers crossed

Verwandte Cases

MBB Final Round Case - Smart Education

17,6 Tsd. mal gelöst
MBB Final Round Case - Smart Education Our client is SmartBridge, a nonprofit educational institution offering face-to-face tutoring services. The client operates in the US. The mission of SmartBridge is to help as many students as possible to complete studies and prevent that they drop from the school system, in particular in disadvantaged areas. The client is considering starting operations for its services in the Chicago area. They hired us to understand if that makes sense. Due to the nonprofit regulation, SmartBridge should operate on its own in the market, without any partnership. How would you help our client?
4.6 5 626
| Bewertung: (4.6 / 5.0)

Our client is SmartBridge, a nonprofit educational institution offering face-to-face tutoring services. The client operates in the US. The mission of SmartBridge is to help as many students as possible to complete studies and prevent that they drop from the school system, in particular in disadvant ... Ganzen Case öffnen

Hot Wheels

5,5 Tsd. mal gelöst
Hot Wheels Problem definition: Our client is Korean Car Parts (KCP), a multi-national original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of car parts based in Korea. They've recently seen a decline in profits and have brought us in to understand how to address this falling profitability.
4.6 5 297
| Bewertung: (4.6 / 5.0)

Problem definition: Our client is Korean Car Parts (KCP), a multi-national original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of car parts based in Korea. They've recently seen a decline in profits and have brought us in to understand how to address this falling profitability. Ganzen Case öffnen

Chinese Chess - Airline Business During COVID-19

4,0 Tsd. mal gelöst
Chinese Chess - Airline Business During COVID-19 Sky China, a government-backed Chinese airline, has recently seen profits plummet due to COVID-19. Profits are down 80% in the months of February and March, but are showing early signs of a rebound in April.  They've brought you in to first investigate what can be done immediatedly to prevent hemorrhaging cash and surive in the short-term. They are also looking to see how the current situation can be viewed as an opportunity, and what can be done to prepare for the future. 
4.3 5 114
| Bewertung: (4.3 / 5.0)

Sky China, a government-backed Chinese airline, has recently seen profits plummet due to COVID-19. Profits are down 80% in the months of February and March, but are showing early signs of a rebound in April. They've brought you in to first investigate what can be done immediatedly to prevent hemor ... Ganzen Case öffnen

Coronavirus Times - COVID-19 Brainteaser

3,4 Tsd. mal gelöst
Coronavirus Times - COVID-19 Brainteaser You and your family are faced with a challenging set of decisions. Due to coronavirus, your partner has taken a 20% paycut and you are worried you may lose your job. In addition, while daycare is still open, you are worried that sending your two children there will increase the risk of them bringing the virus back to your house, where your elderly grandparents are also staying. How would you go about thinking about this problem, and what would you recommend?
4.6 5 36
| Bewertung: (4.6 / 5.0)
Schwierigkeit: Anfänger | Stil: Brainteaser | Themen: Brainteaser

You and your family are faced with a challenging set of decisions. Due to coronavirus, your partner has taken a 20% paycut and you are worried you may lose your job. In addition, while daycare is still open, you are worried that sending your two children there will increase the risk of them bringing ... Ganzen Case öffnen

Bain 1st Round Case – BlissOttica

2,1 Tsd. mal gelöst
Bain 1st Round Case – BlissOttica Our client is a BlissOttica, an Eyewear Manufacturer that is looking to reach a 10% increase in profits. How would you help our client?
4.3 5 104
| Bewertung: (4.3 / 5.0)

Our client is a BlissOttica, an Eyewear Manufacturer that is looking to reach a 10% increase in profits. How would you help our client? Ganzen Case öffnen