SPECIAL: If you buy 3 sessions, the price is reduced from €179 to €149 / session and $199 to $169 per session for each of the 3 sessions. YOU MUST BUY THE 3 SESSIONS UPFRONT BEFORE YOUR FIRST SESSION.
NOTE: As the only former partner, I am the only coach that can give you real insight into final rounds and final round decision meetings.
NOTE 2: I also offer sessions for those who have already received offers focused on "Year 1: How to be a successful consultant - why I almost failed."
I realize that some of you think that my per session rate is a bit high but here are a few things to consider:
- I have foregone being a PrepLounge P4S coach because it allows for a cheaper per session rate for candidates not wanting to enroll in P4S (instead of the mandatory $319 / session)
- A partner at a consulting firm makes a minimum of $500K+. So, investing a $1-2K in preparing for interviews pays off
- I'm the only ex-partner on PrepLounge. And, not only that, I've led recruiting at McKinsey and understand the ins and outs of the process for Undergrad, Grad, MBA and Experienced Hires
- Being the only ex-Partner means that I am the only one on PrepLounge that can give you insight into how the final round decision meeting works and what you have to do to stand out!
- I don't do a 60-minute session. I take all the time needed to go through the case, feedback and your questions. Ask anyone
- If you think about the differential of spending a $100 or so less with a 2-year consultant, it just doesn't seem wise
During my 10+ years as a management consultant for four different firms, including as a Partner and Recruiting Leader at McKinsey, I have conducted over 1200 case interviews. I know there are 3 key success factors and the 2 deadly mistakes that determine whether a candidate will pass to the next round and / or receive an offer. I can teach you how to master the case interview and nail the 3 key success factors within only 2 – 3 sessions.
Compared to most Case Interview ‘Experts’ I bring unparalleled case interview experience and knowledge that will translate directly into helping you understand the ins and outs of case interviews and get an offer!
My experience includes:
- Partner at McKinsey and Oliver Wyman
- Led McKinsey Boston Office Analyst recruiting / interviewing for 3 years
- Led McKinsey Boston Office overall recruiting / interviewing (MBA, Undergraduate and Experienced Hire) for 2 years
- Led Boston Summer Associate recruiting / interviewing for 3 years
- Co-led MIT Sloan MBA recruiting for all McKinsey offices for 3 years
- Led over 40 candidate interview decision meetings
- Conducted over 1200 case interviews, over 350 final round case interviews
- Worked closely with the McKinsey Lead Partner of Global Recruiting and the Manager of Global Recruiting to develop new case interview materials, formats and evaluations
- Have conducted more than 500 one-on-one in-person case interview coaching sessions (not all through PrepLounge)
I had final round interviews with Bain, Diamond Technology Partners, BCG and McKinsey before choosing the latter. However, given all of my experience now, I realize that I got lucky because I didn’t understand the 3 key success factors and the 2 deadly mistakes that candidates make. Don’t rely on luck and get the help you need. Remember, you only get one shot at a job offer before being black listed for up to 2 years or more.
My coaching method can be a bit tough for some people that are not used to candid feedback. I am very straight forward and don’t hold anything back when it comes to giving feedback. However, the payback is worth it. A whopping 80+% of candidates that I’ve coached were passed on to the 2nd Round or have received an offer in the 2nd / 3rd Round. If you compare that with the typical 10-40% pass rate (10% for T1 firms, 40% for T3 firms) for both Round 1 and Round 2, that is an outstanding improvement!
MY UNIQUE APPROACH
While I have a result proven approach, I tailor my approach based on your background and your specific needs. I focus on the 3 core aspects of the case interview, spending more or less time on each, as needed:
- Analytical thinking: The ability to use causal relationships in deductive problem solving
- Quantitative thinking: The ability to think analytically in a quantitative context
- Conceptual thinking: The ability to see patterns, relationships, and build conceptual frameworks in inductive problem solving
The single goal is to help you succeed. I will provide you both verbal (on the spot) and written feedback. And, I will provide you with my personal email address. I will respond within 12 hours to any questions you should have if you have an interview coming up within 48 hours, free of charge.
WHAT OUR SESSION WILL COVER AND WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
Each session varies depending on whether we have had previous sessions before, but you can expect to cover the following:
- A non-time constrained full case interview covering all three aspects of the case interview – Analytical, Quantitative and Conceptual Thinking
- Review of the 3 key success factors
- Details of the 2 deadly mistakes that kill a candidate’s chances of moving forward
- “Tricks of the trade” that help you impress even seasoned interviewers
- Explanation of differences between different consulting firms interview approaches and evaluations
- Optional: Preparation for team exercises and evaluation criteria
- On the spot feedback of your case interview performance
- Follow-up formal written evaluation of your interview performance
WHAT I NEED FROM YOU
In order to better understand where you are coming from as a candidate, I need to know a bit about your background. A first-round interviewer is presented with your resume, your office preferences (and sometimes why) and any special circumstances surrounding your application. A second-round interviewer will be presented with all of the above and the formal evaluations from the first-round interviewers. Before our first session I will need:
- A current resume
- Your LinkedIn profile URL
- Your target firms
- Your case interview experience (both practice and actual)
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??