I have recently received an offer from McKinsey as an experienced hire (senior analyst) in one of the McKinsey Solutions (previously called New Ventures). It is a combination role where I will spend 50% of my time on client engagements and 50% of my time working on internal models and analytics within the Solution. I have also been told that the 50% of time I can be staffed on client engagements could be any projects that generalist consultants could have been staffed on within my area of expertise. The roles also follow the same hierachy e.g. Analyst, EM, AP, Partner etc.
Could anyone share some additional information on these type of roles please? I have some specific questions below:
1) Are remunerations the same as the generalist track per level?
2) Are promotions as frequent?
3) Are exit opportunities as good?
4) Is there any flexibility in terms of transferring into the Generalist track further down the line?
5) Would I still be eligble to the same perks as a generalist e.g. sponsored MBA