So I'm having my first call with a consultant tomorrow. He's a school alumni & works for an MBB company. He made the meeting 30 minutes, so I don't think it's going to be appropriate to ask him to case with me. He also told me to send my CV so I got my elevator pitch ready and prepared for any questions based on the CV. So far, these are the questions I'm planning to ask:
- Why this region (he works in the middle east) and not Europe (since he's European!)?
- What would you do differently if you were recruiting all over again today?
- Out of all industries you advised which you liked the best & why and which products/projects did you like working on most?
- Is there a specific cases theme this office is focused on during interviews? What sections of the case book (the school book, he had told me to get it) is most important?
- How many cases have you prepared before interviewing?
- "I heard from one of your colleagues at a campus networking event that you enjoy 100% of your weekends. Describe a good weekend.." (<--- this is cheesy and kinda cringe but I wanna make the conversation "personal" and "fun" and this is the best I can come up with lol).
I will end the conversation by hinting at talking again, maybe in a month, to do a case. So far these are the questions I have in mind. Any suggestions?