As per my knowledge based on my colleagues' positions within McKinsey MI, here are the equivalences between the MI roles as well as primary consultant's role:
- Implementation Facilitator - Business Analyst
- Implementation Coach - Associate
- Senior Implementation Coach - Senior Associate
- Implementation Leader - Engagement Manager
- Implementation Partner - Associate Partner / Partner (there might be multiple levels within this, I rarely saw this particular position in APAC region)
Going through several Implementation Consultant's openings, it seems that they are referring to different requirements, e.g. an opening at Moscow office require 3+ years experiences.
As such, presumably the MI team uses Implementation Consultants as an umbrella term for any position within the team that might be further determined during and after the interviews.
Hope it helps.