Hello! Even for BCG platinion, I would recommend you to do almost all your prep with the business strategy cases, since these for sure are going to appear in the interviews and you have to have a g... (read entire answer)
Career & Application at BCG PlatinionTo BCG Platinion website
About BCG Platinion
Digital solutions and concepts are decisive for a successful business these days. At BCG Platinion, we create digital strategies and bring them to life: from concept through implementation, our IT Architects and IT Consultants navigate complex problems in multifaceted areas such as architecture, smart automation, enterprise solutions, cybersecurity, and agile. We develop technical visions, procedures, and pioneering solutions and optimize business-critical IT landscapes. As a company of the Boston Consulting Group, we support clients around the world in interdisciplinary teams on C level and guide their digital transformations. As an integral part of BCG's global network of knowledge and experts, our contribution to the service spectrum is technology know-how and implementation competence for business-critical IT topics. This way, we are able to build synergies in our joint projects. Since our founding in 2000, we have pursued a strong international growth strategy. We are now a globally active network with offices in Europe, the Americas, Asia, and Australia.
Career at BCG Platinion
At BCG Platinion, teams of experts work together to address the digital challenges of the future. Our IT Architects and IT Consultants have project responsibility from day one.
IT Architects analyze and optimize our clients' existing IT architectures and design modern digital target architectures with innovative technologies. They stay at the client's side as technical experts, from the first sketch through the resulting high-performance IT landscape, and support the introduction of modern software creation and work methods. Throughout, they never lose sight of the client's IT development and capacities. On projects, whether international, regional, or local, they serve as an interface between our IT Consultants and small software development teams.
Our IT Consultants are highly versed in both business administration and technical solutions and seek unconventional approaches to IT management. Within the framework of projects, they define requirements, compile business cases, evaluate technical solutions and their realizability, and digitize business processes. They support clients in the introduction of agile work methods and DevOps and also provide coaching in the use of these methods.
BCG Platinion Q&As Add your Question
Even for BCG platinion, I would recommend you to do almost all your prep with the business strategy cases, since these for sure are going to appear in the interviews and you have to have a good performance with them.
Furthermore, the more tech-oriented cases are no different: once you know how to solve the "classical" ones, you have the toolkit for the more specialized ones.
The classics are:
1. Profitability cases- basic profitability framework.
2. Idea generation cases: for any specif issue
3. Growth cases: market penetration, new product launch, product mix change, etc.
4. Pricing cases
5. M&A cases
6. Valuation cases
7. Value chain cases
Given you are under this much time contraint, consider working with a coach to foster speed and ensure you have a tailored plan to be very targeted. PM me interested!
Hope it helps!
Hi there, 100%! Before I left, I heavily considered moving into BCG GAMMA instead of switching to another data analytics company. When joining, I also heavily considered a path that would lea... (read entire answer)
Before I left, I heavily considered moving into BCG GAMMA instead of switching to another data analytics company.
When joining, I also heavily considered a path that would lead to BCG Digital Ventures.
Both of the above options were real/tangible - decision-makers in both were asking me to make the leap :)
This is not anything exceptional, it's just networking and having + articulating a vision! In order to do this you need to:
1) Build a strong reputation
2) Show a clear interest, affinity, and (ideally) project experience in that area and
3) Network to know people in the branch in which you're interested.
Happy to answer any further questions about what each specifically does, what the cultures are like, how to position yourself specifically for each one, etc. etc. Just PM me!
Hi, Careful with the below answers! McKinsey AA and Quantum Black are NOT equivalent to BCG Platinion. McKinsey AA + Quantum Black are data analytics which is much more comparable to BCG GAMM... (read entire answer)
Careful with the below answers!
McKinsey AA and Quantum Black are NOT equivalent to BCG Platinion.
McKinsey AA + Quantum Black are data analytics which is much more comparable to BCG GAMMA
BCG Platnion is technology transformations, IT implementation, etc. which is much more comparable to McKinsey Digital
Hi, BCG Digital Ventures - BCG acquiring startups or launching them jointly with the clients. Example - BCG launching an app for taxi drivers together with Shell. They use ex-consultants and cur... (read entire answer)
- BCG Digital Ventures - BCG acquiring startups or launching them jointly with the clients. Example - BCG launching an app for taxi drivers together with Shell. They use ex-consultants and current consultants to fill in the roles in the startup. Sounds sexy, but all projects I've seen so far lacked expertise and real knowledge of tech sector. The execution is poor as well. Would not recommend joining it at this stage
- BCG Gamma - advanced analytics. Make sense to go if you want to be a data scientist. Currently, they help teams on current projects by analyzing large sets of data. Long-term it will be the core capability since most of the clients now have big data. Would recommend joining only if you love data science, although any tech company will give you much more opportunities here
- BCG TA - Same as McKinsey Digital - helping the clients with IT strategy, building digital capabilities, etc. The career path is similar to a generalist.
- BCG Platinion - IT implementation part of TA, more focused on the day to day execution. My guess is that the career track is different from generalists and the salaries should be lower (otherwise the clients will not afford it and you have to compete with Accenture, big4 etc). But would double check it.