First of all, thank you all for your contribution. Preplounge has really helped me pass the interviews. However, Interviews were actually easier than doing all the shopping before the job. I don't have any experience in a formal enviroment whatsoever. So far, I have been working in startupish enviroments where flip-flops at work would work. Thereby I have a few questions below.
I am starting an Internship next week and I am trying to collect all the equipment I might need for the job. So far I have bought some clothes (two suits, eight shirts, two pairs of shoes (black and brown), three ties, two belts (black and brown), two pairs of chinos, a few polo shirts).
1. Do I need any other clothing? Can I wear chinos just with a shirt or do I need a coat? If yes, then I think I might need another coat or two, because the coat from a suit rather doesn't look well with chinos. Is that correct?
2. What should I wear on my first day? Will business formal work or I will be laughed at if I wear a tie?
3. Do you ever check in luggage or is it always a carry-on? I am just wondering if I can fit everything into a carry-on luggage. Could you please recommend anything I can buy?
4. What do you usually carry with you when going to the office or client's site? A laptop bag, a leather briefcase, something else? I mean, it is probably not a good idea if I show up at the office on my first day with a backpack.
5. Suits/shirts while travelling. Well, that might be a trivial question for you, but I just don't know. Where and how do you pack your shirts/suits when travelling to the client? I would say that however I fold it, it will get wrinkled. Either I am wrong here and I can transport it somehow so it is ready to wear after arrival, or it needs to get ironed at the hotel.