What were the things that you were least prepared for and/or expected when you joined a consulting firm?
Three things you were least prepared for when you joined consulting
1) Dealing with ambiguity (I thought I was prepared, I thought I knew what it was, I didn’t really)
2) Working and thinking in Powerpoint
3) Handling multiple stakeholders (“bosses”) with different views, availability, communication/visualization preferences, but all equal input/weighting
Agree with the other expert.
I would add:
- Importance of prioritization
- Management of feedback loops