Since there may be many kinds of digital transformation cases, I recommend searching the websites of Delloite, BCG, McKinsey for the articles on the most popular digital topics. These articles have some great frameworks that you can use.
Here is a list of potential topics you need to know. It is a full list and looks scary but they test a lot of these concepts depending on the particular role:
- Database design (Centralized vs decentralized, sharding, factors influencing the number of replicas - the volume of data, future scale, growth, data structure, desired speed, etc)
- Cloud (cloud vs own servers pro and cons, virtual machines, containerization, uptime % SLAs, load balancing, etc)
- Security (encryption basics, public keys, password change policy, cloud security and encryption on your computer)
- Agile and development (Agile principles, Environments: Developing, testing, production, Native apps / web apps / hybrid apps, etc)
- M&A and IT (Will it be one system or two systems? Is it "Adopt and go" approach or we take the best of both systems and create a new one? Integrate now, innovate later? Or Innovate now, when you have time?)
- IT strategy and Digital transformation (Similar to M&A)
- IoT (Mainly the use of IoT in operations - Process steps completion, measuring temperature, maintenance measurements, other measurements, predicative algorithms, etc)
There will be also a mix of regular and IT cases. For the regular cases on preplounge will be most helpful.