the structure of the final round is the same as the previous ones (fit + case+ your questions); however, there is far more emphasis on communication and fit.
Specifically, the main difference you will find in a final round with partners is that at that stage they:
- spend more time on fit questions and your alignment with the company
- check more closely your communication (eg how you react to challenging questions)
- may not have a “proper” structured case to present – during my final at BCG I had one interview which was made by two market sizing questions and a brainteaser, without any business case. That's because at the final they know you can structure and crack a case (you passed 1 or 2 rounds already) and are more interested in your logic, personality and fit with the company
So in order to prepare I would concentrate on:
- Review in details your fit stories – they will matter more than in the first round. In some finals I had almost exclusively behavioral questions
- Work on your communication (reaction under pressure, how to gain time when you do not have a structure ready, connect with the interviewer, etc). This is something you can test almost exclusively in p2p mocks with peers/experts.
- Prepare on cases as you did for the first round. More market sizing practice could be useful to think out of the box if you get unusual questions.
I helped many people for Bain Bruxelles and have 15+ real questions asked there, for additional questions please feel free to PM me.