I am an engineer who is considering a Master in Management degree in Europe from a top-ranked school, and I am interested in the Consulting sector. I will mostly return to India after the degree owing to language concerns, and I had a few doubts regarding the firms:
1) Do the major consulting firms in India recruit graduates from abroad, or do they only select candidates who studied in India? What should I do to improve my odds?
2) What are the language requirements in the Indian offices? Is English sufficient or is Hindi or Tamil or Marathi required?
3) Is there any contact between the offices of consulting firms in different countries? Will the networking in Europe be of any assistance?
4) How is the quality and type of work done by consulting firms in India compared to Europe and the US? How is the office culture?
5) How are the exit opportunities and general working conditions?
Thank you all in advance for your replies