In terms of valuation, it is similar to finance basics:
- Valuation of the company (Purchasing decision, exit decision, etc)
- Valuation of the project (Investment decision, comparing several growth options, etc)
For the valuation cases, you should know how to calculate valuation in perpetuity, terminal value, usage of 72 rule.
For the capacity change cases I've seen:
- Cases with bottlenecks (E.g. Garbage processing facility is out of capacity and getting stuck. What should we do?)
- Sales problems caused by the lack of capacity
- Profitability, Cost cutting cases where increasing the capacity leads to the economies of scale