Mrs. Robinson and Mr. Friday live on an island. Their only access to civilization and trade are the inhabitants of the neighboring island, a people of excellent engineers (they also have electricity). The island is quite large with a small desert in the middle, surrounded by stormy sea. Mr. Friday h ... Open whole case
Career & Application at E.ON Inhouse ConsultingTo E.ON Inhouse Consulting website
About E.ON Inhouse Consulting (ECON)
Do you want to shape the energy market of the future? Would you like to work hand-in-hand with E.ON's top management team to master the strategic challenges facing the global energy market? At E.ON Inhouse Consulting (ECON), E.ON Group's international management consulting unit, you will develop unique solutions to tackle the complex issues posed by the energy industry - making a lasting contribution to increasing the corporate value of our company. What else awaits you? A challenging learning environment, excellent career prospects and an exceptional team spirit!
Career at E.ON Inhouse Consulting (ECON)
Are you currently completing a master's degree course in Economics, Engineering or Natural Science - with outstanding academic results? Can you pull on some initial hands-on experience - ideally in the energy industry or consulting sector? Then apply to join us as a Visiting Consultant. Right from day one of your internship, you will be part of our team of consultants and take on responsibility for a range of demanding tasks as a fully-fledged member of our team - for a period of eight to twelve weeks.
Have you already completed your master's degree? Then join our team as Project Consultant and work on some extremely challenging projects guaranteed to familiarize you with the whole spectrum of the energy value chain. You will be working on E.ON Group's top priority topics - making a long-term contribution to the success of our projects.
Company Case by E.ON Inhouse Consulting
Articles about E.ON Inhouse Consulting
September 18, 2018
#AskECON - First-hand insights directly from E.ON Inhouse Consultants (ECON)
E.ON Inhouse Consulting Q&As Add your Question
Many BCG & McK alumns at ECON, so expect similar case studies and interview styles. Cheers, Sidi
Many BCG & McK alumns at ECON, so expect similar case studies and interview styles.
Hey, I have worked with Bayer Consulting in the case of a university project and my experience was that they were also often traveling but only to Bayer locations. Nevertheless, I would say that th... (more)
I have worked with Bayer Consulting in the case of a university project and my experience was that they were also often traveling but only to Bayer locations. Nevertheless, I would say that they are less traveling than MBB or other external consultancies. However, as you have mentioned it depends also on the inhouse consulting company, as SMC consultants travel a lot.
Other inhouse consultancies I know are i.a. Telekom, E.ON, Volkswagen, Porsche, Allianz, DB and Mercedes-Benz.
I hope this helps a bit.
Are you talking about e.on Inhouse consulting? If so, the ones they did some years ago were mostly interviewer led, with specific questions regarding energy business and reimbursement (e.g. calcula... (more)
Are you talking about e.on Inhouse consulting?
If so, the ones they did some years ago were mostly interviewer led, with specific questions regarding energy business and reimbursement (e.g. calculating a lot of plant capacity, price calculations often in ct/MWh and things like that.
Hope I could help
Hi Anonymous, Many thanks for your question and happy to elaborate on our general requirements: University degree: For Junior Consultants we ask for a bachelor’s degree, whereas consultan... (more)
Many thanks for your question and happy to elaborate on our general requirements:
- University degree: For Junior Consultants we ask for a bachelor’s degree, whereas consultants need to have a masters’ degree. This should be in economics (including related studies like management, business studies, etc.), engineering or science. For an internship as Visiting Consultant, you need to be enrolled in a bachelor, master or PhD course.
- Grades: We expect at least a “good” academic performance, i.e. a “good” in a German grading system, a 2:1 in the UK system, etc.
- High school diploma: Yes, we ask for your high school diploma. The overall grade as well as your grade in maths and science forms a minor part of our evaluation of your application. Hence, there is no minimum grade to apply.
- Languages: You need to speak English fluently and should be willing to learn German. To be very clear: You do not need to have any knowledge of German when applying or starting at ECON.
- Experience: Preferably, you have already gained experience in an internship in an area related to your studies. While naturally consulting experience is some advantage, it is no requirement for an application or invitation to our recruiting day.
- You can communicate in a structured way. This is a crucial skill for consultants, as we are often asked to structure complex challenges for our clients and therefore check this in the interviews during our recruiting day
- You are comfortable working with numbers and performing both quantitative and qualitative analyses
- You can show that you can work independently and push work to completion, e.g. in past (group) projects during your studies, etc.
- You can show us that you have a creative, innovative and entrepreneurial mindset, e.g. from past (group) projects during your studies, volunteering activities, etc.
I hope you find this helpful.