A leading online real estate marketplace in Germany – your-new-home.com – is struggling with stagnating sales after many years of high growth rates. In a preliminary project with Parthenon, the market environment has already been examined in detail – competitors, new entrants, customer needs, etc. ... Open whole case
Career & Application at ParthenonTo Parthenon website
Parthenon is a strategy consultancy, committed to bringing unconventional yet pragmatic thinking together with our clients’ smarts to deliver actionable strategies for real impact in today’s complex business landscape. We create a custom approach tailored to each client’s unique situation and bring extensive business experience with proven analytical techniques that lead to high-impact and actionable insights.
Career at Parthenon
Parthenon sustains a culture that is collaborative, supportive and a formidable venue for creative and analytical thinkers to solve our clients’ greatest challenges. And the best by-product — our people enjoy coming into work each day to work side by side with their peers. Parthenon is just a fun place to work. Our secret to being one of the top consultancies to work for is about our recruiting of professionals who meet three seemingly simple criteria: Smart. Nice. Driven.
When you start as an associate, through formal and on-the-job training and mentoring, you will acquire valuable analytical, interpersonal, and leadership skills that will not only make you effective in your role, but will equip you with expertise applicable to any career you choose to pursue. The combination of Parthenon's non-hierarchical environment and flexible staffing model enables associates to take initiative and drive their Parthenon experience by their interests and desire to learn.
Company Case by Parthenon
Parthenon Q&As Add your Question
Hey Everyone! First of all, thank everyone in general, particularly preplounge leaders and expert... (more)
First of all, thank everyone in general, particularly preplounge leaders and experts for the preparation material available as well as the insights shared. It has proven very useful for me throughout recruitment processes.
I am now in the process of deciding which offer to take from the following options:
- Simon Kucher & Partners in Dubai
- Simon Kucher & Partners in Madrid, Spain
- EY Parthenon in Mexico City
I would very much appreciate your input and thoughts to help me decide which offer would be best to take and feedback on the decision matrix I have come up with. This is based, in order of highest to lowest importance, on 4 factors:
- Career Goals (alignment between opportunities at the firm and its position with my future career goals)
- Fit (personal and cultural synergies with firm and consultants, as I believe this relates to the potential for me to thrive)
- Mobility (international transfer options and project exposure)
- Personal Satisfaction (location, main industries covered, personal interests, type of projects, etc.)
I would also appreciate any information on how the above firms and offices are perceived in the consulting industry internationally (reputation) and if they seem like solid options to make a jump to MBB or to course an MBA at a top university in the near future (2-3 years).
Lastly, I would like to ask on how to handle a rejection in the best possible way for the offers I don't end up taking.
Thank you very much in advance!
Hi guys, Anyone got experiences with the Recruiting day of EY-Parthenon in Düsseldorf, German... (more)
Anyone got experiences with the Recruiting day of EY-Parthenon in Düsseldorf, Germany?
It will have three individual interviews ( i guess Case interviews). One group discussion and one recruiting test.
Anyone of you did go through it before? I will have it in two weeks. It would be really great if anyone can share some information/experiences with me! Really appreciate it!
Hi Aman, I can't speak to specific preplounge cases. However, I can share my favourite resources for case interviews while I was going through interviews. You should be able to find all of these on... (more)
I can't speak to specific preplounge cases. However, I can share my favourite resources for case interviews while I was going through interviews. You should be able to find all of these online quite easily:
1) Company websites: McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Oliver Wyman, etc. all have excellent examples of cases online. These are excellent as they come straight from the source and are generally a good indication of how cases at a specific company are structured
2) ESADE business school case book: This book provides some excellent tips and then dives into some great beginner/intermediate cases. In the second half of cases in the book there is a drop in quality, but it was still one of my favourite resources when practicing.
3) MIT Sloan 2011 casebook: In my opinion the best case book released by a business school I have seen. Excellent cases of ranging difficulty from actual companies, which most closely resemble actual cases you will receive while interviewing.
Hope this helps!
Hello, I do not have experience specifically with EY Parthenon but I do have experience interviewing with other strategy consulting firms in Madrid. Don't hesitate to get in contact if you have any... (more)
I do not have experience specifically with EY Parthenon but I do have experience interviewing with other strategy consulting firms in Madrid. Don't hesitate to get in contact if you have any specific doubts.