Integrated FIT Guide for MBB by Clara
- Combines key concepts review and a hands-on methodology
- Contains printable worksheets to prepare your stories
- Includes 20+ real examples and 50+ practice questions
Receive a free bonus with your purchase – for a limited time only!
Download the Integrated FIT guide now and get for free the complimentary recompilation of candidate examples, detailed stories from candidates who had been recently hired in MBB. Structured leveraging the Story Cards presented in this FIT guide, they are the perfect way to find inspiration for your narrative and continue to deepen your knowledge on FIT.
How to get your FREE bonus: Download the guide, go to page 36 and click on the link – you will receive it within a day.
Master the FIT Part of the Interview in All Consulting Interviews
FIT, a Key Dimension From Any Consulting Interview
MBB, boutiques, and overall consulting interviews usually consist of 3 parts: FIT, business case, and Q&A, organized in 2 rounds.
Although many candidates underestimate FIT and focus their preparation on business cases, FIT is as important to be prepared, and a usual cause for rejection.
FIT in MBB interviews is an in-depth assessment of your skillset, not a standard motivational interview. In fact, it´s not conducted by HR, but for the consultants themselves, usually before the business case.
In fact, FIT is not a complement to the business case, but a highly relevant part of the interview by itself. The reason why it´s deeply rooted in the value proposition a consultant brings to the table for his/her clients. The consultant skillset is not limited to analytical and problem-solving skills, but also encompasses team and client management abilities. This last two cannot be tested through business case, hence the importance of FIT.
The Integrated FIT Guide
The Integrated FIT Guide for MBB provides an end-to-end preparation for all three MBB interviews, as well as other consulting interviews, combining key concepts review and a hands-on methodology.
Following the book, the candidate will prepare his/her stories by practicing with over 50 real questions and leveraging special frameworks and worksheets that guide step-by-step, developed by the author and her experience as a Master in Management professor and coach.
Finally, as further guidance, the guide encompasses over 20 examples from real candidates.
This Is the Right Guide for You If You…
- Want to learn about the four main question clusters (i.e., Introduction and CV questions, motivational questions, behavioral questions and stress questions): description, dimensions tested and examples
- Want to deep dive on the key differences between McKinsey, Bain and BCG; and First vs. Second Round.
- Want to follow a straight forward methodology, leveraging printable worksheets and tools to be filled, to prepare for each of the question clusters
- Want real examples as references for your own
- Structure of MBB interviews and the key role of FIT in them
- Importance of the FIT interview deriving from the job description and required skillset of a consultant
- Incorrect myths around FIT
- With clear iconography to mark real questions, examples and key concepts
- The four main question clusters: description, dimensions tested and examples
- Introduction and CV questions
- Motivational questions
- Behavioral questions
- Stress questions
- Key differences between:
- McKinsey, Bain and BCG
- First and Second Round
- Communication frameworks to be leveraged: STAR vs. PARADE
- Frequently asked Q&A and common mistakes
- Ad-hoc proposed methodology for each of the four main question clusters:
- Printable frameworks and worksheets developed by the author to be leveraged
- Communication strategy
- 20+ real examples and full explanations: from ideation to how to communicate them
- Common mistakes compilation
- FAQ compilation
- Compilation of real examples by (generous) coachees who got hired in MBB. The stories have been structured leveraging the Story Cards presented in the Integrated FIT Guide
- Covers examples on leadership, entrepreneurial drive, personal impact and hybrid responses among the 3 cited dimensions
About the Author
McKinsey | Awarded professor at Master in Management @ IE | MBA at MIT |+180 students coached | Integrated FIT Guide aut
- Instituto de Empresa Business School, Amazon, McKinsey & Company
- English, French, Italian, Spanish
Clara started her career in McKinsey & Company, where she focused on Telco, Oil & Gas and Real Estate. She later joined the team that launched Amazon Business in Spain, where she is nowadays in charge of several capability building and coaching programs for the Spanish Marketplace department.
Clara teaches “Data Insights and Visualization” in the Master in Management at Instituto de Empresa in Madrid, where she has received the Teaching Excellence Award, as the best valued course by the students. She has also coached 150+ candidates on diverse platforms, such as PrepLounge. Furthermore, she is founder and president of the NGO Building their Future since 2015, focused on educational projects in Nairobi, Kenya.