SUCCESS AND IMPACT: See for yourself the results of my high-impact McKinsey-focused coaching with recent success stories and testimonials: https://bit.ly/2TzjDEL
I WILL GET YOU THAT MCKINSEY JOB!
5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD BOOK ME AS A COACH
- I became the #1 McKinsey coach (based on recommendation rate) within the first month of starting on PrepLounge
- With 5 years at McKinsey, I know the recruiting process in and out. I can help you ace the case interview and the PEI exactly like McKinsey wants you to succeed. My coachees continuously receive feedback from McKinsey interviewers that they seem to be much better prepared than other candidates
- Interviewing and coaching 100s of candidates, I have developed a system to tackle every McKinsey case and question type successfully, regardless of the context, industry, or functional expertise. You will learn how to think like a McKinsey consultant and not rely on pre-learned frameworks that would only hurt your performance in the real case. 9 out of 10 candidates who I coached for more than 5 sessions get their desired offer, which is 5x the normal success rate. See the link above for real success and offer rates for McKinsey.
- Our sessions do not have a time limit. I will take as long as you need to get through the case, your questions, and provide detailed feedback. Also, you will get an in-depth feedback sheet after our sessions. In between sessions, I am available for questions of all kinds and usually respond within 1 hour
- My approach is 100% tailored to your needs. We can structure the sessions as you like according to your preferences. I have a large library of real McKinsey-like cases across industries and functions (also related to current topics such as COVID and sustainability, etc.) with the associated evaluation metrics. However, I am always happy to prepare a tailored case to fit your needs.
READ MORE ABOUT MY APPROACH BELOW
I have noticed that the information on the McKinsey application process, the case interviews, the PEI, and the Imbellus that is often circulated is either wrong, outdated, or assumed to be the same as for any other consulting firm. As a consequence, the advice given can be detrimental to your recruiting success with the firm.
After 5 years at McKinsey, I left in January 2020 to move on to the tech world and entrepreneurship. As an experienced interviewer and coach on the whole McKinsey application process, I have helped more than 2,500 people alone in the last year with personal coaching and information products on McKinsey applications (before I joined PrepLounge as a coach)
How can I help you best?
I treat each case individually and offer you tailored coaching based on your background, current status in the application process, timeline, and personal goals.
Generally, my coaching is comprised of three steps:
1. OWN THE APPLICATION
I can help you pass the screening stage and get the invitation for the interviews by working on your cover letter and resume. As a former resume and cover letter screener, I know exactly what McKinsey is looking for in the application documents. In addition, I know how to make referrals work and how to network your way to an interview both from a consultant's perspective as well as from my own personal story back in 2014.
2. ROCK THE MCKINSEY IMBELLUS GAME
Since November 2019, I have interviewed more than 220 candidates who took the new Imbellus and McKinsey Problem Solving Game. Based on their experience and input from game design experts I partnered up with, I have devised strategies on how to prepare and how to take the test that will make your life much easier and improve your scores.
3. ACE THE CASE AND PERSONAL EXPERIENCE INTERVIEW
After 5 years with the firm, I can tell you exactly how to approach both elements of the McKinsey interview process, the Problem-Solving / Case Interview, and the Personal Experience Interview.
McKinsey interviews are highly standardized and structured, always consisting of the same types of questions in order to be objective and reduce bias. You can use this to your advantage and I show you how. Learn from my insights into performance drivers and mistakes that I gained in 100s of interviews.
Case interview: I emulate a real-life interview situation testing all relevant dimensions (analytics, creativity, math, communication,…), using only up-to-date McKinsey case material and evaluation metrics.
Instead of learning generic frameworks, you will learn my system consisting of the most important habits for each stage and question of the case. With my habit toolkit, you will be able to solve any McKinsey case, regardless of industry or function.
Our sessions include detailed feedback on strengths and weaknesses as well as actionable improvement advice depending on your stage in the preparation process (from tackling major improvement levers to fine-tuning your performance). I will also send you structured written feedback after each session to summarize your performance, improvement ideas, and tips to improve each dimension on your own between sessions.
Personal experience interview: I will help you prepare and improve the right stories to align your fit with what McKinsey is looking for to make you stand out. I will demonstrate in our simulated mock interviews what stories about Entrepreneurial Drive, Leadership, and Personal Impact are suitable and how to tell them in a way that resonates with McKinsey interviewers.
I will show you how to deliver your messages in both types of interviews with the most impact. Apply these techniques to pass this part of the interview easily.
As one of my coachees phrased it:
In hindsight, I find it hard to imagine a better, more time-efficient, practice. I ended up feeling really confident for the interview and got the offer.
Lastly, our sessions take as long as we need. I am not bound by a 60-minute time window, and usually, they last around 80 to 90 minutes if needed.
Please reach out if you have any questions.
I am looking forward to working with you!
For more information, check out my Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/florian-smeritschnig-b5b9661a/
Alternatively, check out my podcast episode with @theconsultingguy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ8V6A1U-RM&