The situation is the following:
- I failed my BCG final round interviews last year (Jan-2019)
- HR said I can reapply after 18 months (Jul-2020)
- I started a 2-year part-time MBA programme (Oct-2019)
- I will have a MBA degree around summer / autumn next year (Sep-2021)
Please find more information and some answers in the original thread below: https://www.preplounge.com/en/consulting-forum/mckbcg-failed-at-final-round-reapplication-with-an-ongoing-mba-5297
What has changed since the original thread?
- I started to work at the market-leader bank of my country (Sep-2019)
- I changed after a very short period of time, I joined to an investment bank (Mar-2020)
- BCG HR confirmed that they are waiting for my reapplication in the summer (confirmation happened before COVID)
- COVID situation arouse
The reason behind the ’workplace-jumping’ was the fact that I worked as an entrepreneur before and it was not an easy task to ’rejoin’ the financial industry sector with this ’irrelevant previous experience’. Therefor I joined to the market leader bank in a position I did not really prefered in terms of seniority and in terms of exact field but it was an opportunity to get back to banking / finance industry after my off road experience.
The specific question is still the timing of the reapplication. My original plan was to reapply in July 2020 during my MBA but there was no Covid situation and my resume was not as ’strange’.
Should I still reapply in July? Should I wait until COVID situation changes to a positive direction and until that point I could gaine more experience at the investment bank and finish my MBA? Should I start communication with the HR about it? Should I start asking my network working in the MBB office of my country? Is there anything else important aspects I should think about and I didn't mention above?