Hi all, I hope you are staying safe nowadays. I am enrolled in a commercial banking graduate scheme for HSBC in the middle east. After 1 year I realized that consulting is the career field that I really want in terms of learning opportunities and people. I am thinking about applying for the business analyst role at Dubai offices of some top tier firms, but how should I prepare for the switch during COVID-19?
About my background:
- I studied my undergraduate degree at the top 5 universities in China, enrolled being the top 0.03% candidate (majored in Economics)
- I studied a masters degree in Manchester Business School, graduated as the top 3 students (majored in Business Analysis)
- I had some consulting experience before, like a strategy consulting internship at Accenture and some part-time consulting for startups in the UK.
I have some concerns:
- During COVID-19, most consulting firms may stop recruiting already.
- My school is not among the target list, should I have a GMAT score as complimentary?
- Can my experience as a banking graduate be beneficial in applying for the business analyst role?
Thanks very much in advance!