It depends on the company:
1) Tier 2,3 consulting companies (Accenture, PWC) have a huge share of women and better work-life balance so I believe there have no specific hiring targets.
2) BIG3 companies have fewer women and In general, chances are higher than for man for the following reasons:
- Competition is lower since there are fewer applications from women
- MBB firms have strong gender equality KPIs that are much higher than in Tech or other industries.
- They have special promotion campaigns for women and dedicate special resources for that. You can attend special recruiting events and even find a prep mentor among consultants.
- The work environment in BIG3 firms is very much inclusive and unbiased. There are also enough female partners and of course salary levels are the same. The only exception - you may not get specific projects in Saudi Arabia or in Mining.