I am grateful and lucky to receive 3 internship offers in my home country in Asia but I am unsure which to pick.
1. I am in my 2nd year of a 4-year engineering course aiming for a tier 2 strategy consulting firm in London ( Strategy&, EYP, Monitor Deloitte etc).
2. I would want to strike a balance between branding (to pass the screening stage and leverage this to get a tier 2 offer in London next summer) and personal development (learn core consulting skillsets)
1. KPMG (Strategy & Operations) - From what I understand, this s more of a management consulting/ advisory role and more IT-related? Role description:
- Assist in projects covering IT Strategic planning & implementation, governance, structure, project management, information protection, system assurance, and others.
- Bridge communication gaps between the business executives and IT professionals by managing and improving the performance of their business systems as well as to avoid misunderstandings and misaligned expectations.
2. Accenture (Change Management) - I am already tasked with a project with a fairly large national utility company which is quite exciting. However, I am aware that this is a management consulting role rather than a strategy consulting one.
3. EY (Business Consulting - Transformation Architecture) - I was told by the recruiters that this role is the closest to a strategy consulting role. However, I am also aware of the differences between strategy consulting and business consulting wherein business consulting, deals more with business processes. Here is the brief role description,
- Growth Strategy
- Strategic Planning
- Enterprise cost reduction and operating model design
- Value driver-based decision support
Essentially, I hope to leverage my upcoming internship for an internship in a tier 2 strategy consulting firm in London. Appreciate your help and advice. Thank you!