I am applying for a position with Accenture Strategy in the area of resources - Oil & Gas. Any tips of what I may find on my case interview?
Accenture Strategy - Resources/ Oil & Gas
In Europe, I know that industry specific cases are used when you apply for special industry practices of consulting firms. However, even for these cases (as in any good case), you don't need industry specific expertise to solve them. Just practice the general structured approaches, then these cases will also work.
However, apart from the case, I would recommend that you check out the latest news from your industry: Who are the biggest companies? Who are their CEOs? How are these companies doing on the stock market at the moment? Are there current political decisions that influence this industry? ...
In general the interviews at Accenture are not that structured:
- No clear guidelines for cases, so the case depends on the interviewer
- 60% chance that it will be marketsizing
- 40% chance - profitability and general frameworks
- Interviewers are less demanding than at Big3. unless you meet an ex-big3 consultant as an interviewer
- For fit I would prepare: Story about yourself; Why consulting; Why Accenture; Leadership; Team work; Your questions to the interviewer
Feel free to reach out if you need any help!