I am currently working abroad for a tier-2 firm for roughly 1/2 year and I am considering to apply for an MBB firm (2 of them in my home country and the other one abroad). I know this is rather a long post, but I would appreciate any help! I have some questions on this:
- I will be starting my preparation on the upcoming days. Since I have been in the final round of 2 out of the 3 MBB, should I drop a message to the recruiting team asking in which phase can I expect to start the process (for ex, if I do not have to re-do the tests)? If yes, can I be totally straightforward about my situation, i.e., I am currently having a good experience but I really want to try one more time to enter MBB?
- Taking into account I work long hours over the week, what are the tips you would give for a preparation over the weekends which maximizes the chances to enter? (I know this is a difficult question :) )
- As I will be working in my current job, normally it would be rather difficult to be in these interview processes, especially to accomodate flights to my home country for the interviews, for example. However, with Covid, I expect that the tests/ interviews are mostly conducted through zoom/similar platform. From your experience as coaches, does this corresponds to the reality?
2) Previous performance
- My performance so far in the tier-2 firm has been strong (based on the evaluations I got). Hence, the only reason I am applying for MBB again is the fact I really want to work with the best consultants and evolve the most (and not because my current experience is not going well, for ex). In case I get a similar question in a possible interview, how can I provide a fact-based answer of my good performance if the evaluations are confidential?
- Besides this, I have already done an internship before for other tier-2 consulting firm, having had an offer (which I refused to start working in my current firm). Am I correct to assume this is a competitive advantage for my side? (i.e., I already have a glimpse on what consulting is and have proven to deliver strong performance).
- If any of the coaches has done/ has tried to do a similar move before while working, is there any concern I should fear? (for example, my firm knowing I am applying for a competitor, although I find unlikely that this "leak" would happen). If yes, how can I prepare myself to avoid this?
Thanks so much for any information/ recommendation!