Cookie and Privacy Settings

This website uses cookies to enable essential functions like the user login and sessions. We also use cookies and third-party tools to improve your surfing experience on preplounge.com. You can choose to activate only essential cookies or all cookies. You can always change your preference in the cookie and privacy settings. This link can also be found in the footer of the site. If you need more information, please visit our privacy policy.

Data processing in the USA: By clicking on "I accept", you also consent, in accordance with article 49 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. GDPR, to your data being processed in the USA (by Google LLC, Facebook Inc., LinkedIn Inc., Stripe, Paypal).

Manage settings individually I accept
expert
Expert with best answer

Clara

100% Recommendation Rate

59 Meetings

16,243 Q&A Upvotes

USD 229 / Coaching

3

Why 20% for IT cost and 30% for Headquarter cost

Please help with my query . In case of HQ cost 10% was removed from our client and 20% from target which is in line with 30% assumption . But in IT it was only total 20% .

Also of you can explain wht staff cost should not be considered for synergy . Thank you

Please help with my query . In case of HQ cost 10% was removed from our client and 20% from target which is in line with 30% assumption . But in IT it was only total 20% .

Also of you can explain wht staff cost should not be considered for synergy . Thank you

Dear All - Further clarifying my question . In the case we have taken below assumption :reasonable percentage of costs that can be saved through synergies. 30% would be a good estimation. Now while calculating the Headquarter cost , I see below calculation Headquarter costs Eligible for synergies: Yes! REA: 10% * 4,000,000 = $400,000 Acquired company: 20% * $3,600,000 = $720,000 Total = $1,120,000 (30% = $336,000 for simplification: $350,000). I am taking this as 30 % . But while calculating IT cost I see below calculation T costs Eligible for synergies: Yes! REA: 90% * $4,000,000 * 10% = $360,000 (costs in regions * total cost * share of IT costs) Acquired Company: 80% * $3,600,000 * 10% = $288,000 (Which is 20% ) . Hope this is clear please — kari on Jan 06, 2021 (edited)

3 answers

  • Upvotes
  • Date ascending
  • Date descending
Best Answer
Book a coaching with Clara

100% Recommendation Rate

59 Meetings

16,243 Q&A Upvotes

USD 229 / Coaching

Hello, can you link the case please?

Cheers,

Clara

Hello, can you link the case please?

Cheers,

Clara

Dear All - Further clarifying my question . In the case we have taken below assumption :reasonable percentage of costs that can be saved through synergies. 30% would be a good estimation. Now while calculating the Headquarter cost , I see below calculation Headquarter costs Eligible for synergies: Yes! REA: 10% * 4,000,000 = $400,000 Acquired company: 20% * $3,600,000 = $720,000 Total = $1,120,000 (30% = $336,000 for simplification: $350,000). I am taking this as 30 % . But while calculating IT cost I see below calculation T costs Eligible for synergies: Yes! REA: 90% * $4,000,000 * 10% = $360,000 (costs in regions * total cost * share of IT costs) Acquired Company: 80% * $3,600,000 * 10% = $288,000 (Which is 20% ) . Hope this is clear please — kari on Jan 06, 2021

Book a coaching with Gaurav

100% Recommendation Rate

199 Meetings

6,643 Q&A Upvotes

USD 239 / Coaching

Hello Kari!

Could you please reformulate your question so that we understand how to help you with it?

Cheers,

GB

Hello Kari!

Could you please reformulate your question so that we understand how to help you with it?

Cheers,

GB

Dear All - Further clarifying my question . In the case we have taken below assumption :reasonable percentage of costs that can be saved through synergies. 30% would be a good estimation. Now while calculating the Headquarter cost , I see below calculation Headquarter costs Eligible for synergies: Yes! REA: 10% * 4,000,000 = $400,000 Acquired company: 20% * $3,600,000 = $720,000 Total = $1,120,000 (30% = $336,000 for simplification: $350,000). I am taking this as 30 % . But while calculating IT cost I see below calculation T costs Eligible for synergies: Yes! REA: 90% * $4,000,000 * 10% = $360,000 (costs in regions * total cost * share of IT costs) Acquired Company: 80% * $3,600,000 * 10% = $288,000 (Which is 20% ) . Hope this is clear please — kari on Jan 06, 2021

Book a coaching with Ian

100% Recommendation Rate

291 Meetings

25,045 Q&A Upvotes

USD 289 / Coaching

Hi Kari,

I'm sorry but your question is very very difficult to follow. What exactly are you asking?

Hi Kari,

I'm sorry but your question is very very difficult to follow. What exactly are you asking?

Dear All - Further clarifying my question . In the case we have taken below assumption :reasonable percentage of costs that can be saved through synergies. 30% would be a good estimation. Now while calculating the Headquarter cost , I see below calculation Headquarter costs Eligible for synergies: Yes! REA: 10% * 4,000,000 = $400,000 Acquired company: 20% * $3,600,000 = $720,000 Total = $1,120,000 (30% = $336,000 for simplification: $350,000). I am taking this as 30 % . But while calculating IT cost I see below calculation T costs Eligible for synergies: Yes! REA: 90% * $4,000,000 * 10% = $360,000 (costs in regions * total cost * share of IT costs) Acquired Company: 80% * $3,600,000 * 10% = $288,000 (Which is 20% ) . Hope this is clear please — kari on Jan 06, 2021